Vietnam Wars GB

ah ok found it thanks Russ, helps if I open my eye's and actually look.

I found the ones I like how do I get them do a mail the owner of them?

1. put your cursor over the one you like then right click on mouse

2. copy the image location

3. go in my controls on the top right of screen

4. click on edit signature

5. paste the code into signature box

6. put [ IMG ] infront of it and [ /IMG ] behind (no spaces between brackets or it wont work)

7. save and enjoy

Russ

I could've held off on my Dragonfly and submitted it... but as this is after Santa visits maybe I could not ask for lots of AM for the F.A-18 and ask for a Phantom or some sort of 'nam bird (perhaps a Mig of some sort for a change for me)

quick question... anyone know which mig 17 the North Vietnamese used in the 921/923 squadron

(also is it permissible to enter 1 model in 2 GBs.... will put the MiG 17D/E in the Soviet Mig / Foregin Service GB and this one as well if that is allowed (and it is the right variant)

prowler out as it wasnt involved after researching a lil so its going to have to be either

AC-130 Spectre

or

OV-10 Bronco (if i can find a kit)

The host of both GBs will have to rule on this, and if necessary I will adjudicate

thanks Mish... if I can confirm which variant of MiG17 the North Vietnamese used (and I can source decals (trip to the decal bank) I will then approach the 2 mods

simple answer.... North Viet MiG17 was the F variant.... the kit I have is D/E so wont put myself forward for this GB (with that model anyway, if a new one comes along....).... will switch to the Soviet/Foreign Service GB

I fancy this one too.

I've got a few in the stash that would fit the bill, but think i'll join in with a Phantom.

Will do a Hasegawa F-4J in VF-74 "Bedevelers" as they were on USS America in 1973 (the same as the Phantom in the American Air Muesum at Duxford)

Rich

I was thinking of entering my Tamiya M113 ACAV, but now all the extra bits have arrived from Hannants I don't think I can wait! I want to start it now, so I might have to do something else for the GB. My Tamiya PBR is too far advanced to qualify, I think. Perhaps the Dragon Light Seal Support Craft, or OH-6A, or one of my many 1/72 Hueys. So much choice!

Obi-Jiff :fish:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I'll happily join-in for this one. It was kits of both aircraft and AFV's that were involved in Vietnam that formed a bridge from my earlier 'childish' style of modelling to taking it a wee bit more seriously, and it's Vietnam era models that I've been most successful with in competitions.

So from this list, I'll build two or three:

1:35

Tamiya M48A-3 'Patton'

Tamiya M113 ACAV

Hobbyboss V-100 Armoured Car

Italeri M24 Chafee (almost certainly French)

1:48

Hobbyboss F-105D Thunderchief (overall aluminium paint, not NMF or Camo)

Tamiya A-1H/J Skyraider (definitely NOT VA-176 - the one with the big bumble bee on the tail, far too many of those around !!)

1:72

Fujimi A-6A Intruder (will build it as an A-6B 'Iron Hand' aircraft)

Hobbyboss A-7A Corsair

Hasegawa F-4B or F-4J, cannot decide yet, if I opt for the 'B' then it will definitely be a USMC 'mud mover'

I'll decide nearer the time, when I do I'll clear the workbench entirely and focus on just these GB builds.

Ian

Edited by Ian

• 2 weeks later...
So from this list, I'll build two or three:

1:35

Italeri M24 Chafee (almost certainly French)

Ian

This build is now a definite. Over the last couple of weeks, I've either ordered or received the Verlinden M24 stowage set, a JR aluminium barrel and a Bison decal sheet for various French AFV's in Indochina, there's about five or six options for M24's on this sheet.

Ian

a Bison decal sheet for various French AFV's in Indochina, there's about five or six options for M24's on this sheet.

Ian, can you tell me if any of the options are for Chaffees used at Dien Bien Phu, please?

Obi-Jiff :fish:

• 2 weeks later...

As I type this on the old iPhone, I'm sitting on my hotel room balcolny looking over the Perfume river at Hue Citadel having just been for a wander around there. The USMC really had a job on there to get it back. Been in Vietnam for 5 days and another 6 to go and I keep on seeing familiar landmarks and sights from books and documentaries. Quite a strangely familiar place. Anyway, I will keep my eyes open for some suitable prizes for the build! Might even have a dabble myself.