Cold War DVD Sale: British Phantom Pilot

marty_hopkirk

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but just noticed some very interesting titles in the Network sale that I know some will be interested in, not least:

British Phantom Pilot.

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php...products_id=784

It's a pretty disperate bunch, but there are plenty of other archive public information, aviation and transport related titles in the sale, quite a few around the £5 mark, all can be seen here.

http://www.networkdvd.net/index.php?cPath=80

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

I have this short film, well directed and filmed, on Oversight the people seem professional actors but reading the credits should be real pilots and crew from RAF Sqn.

A must for any (UK) Phantom enthusiasts.

Is oversight the one where the lineys forget to lock the outer wing ? (based on a true incident in Germany I believe) If we saw it in training at Cosford- It didn't half put the wind up us..

Correct. The Phantom pilot resembles Paul Weller (Style Council and The Jam) :headphones:

The Phantom pilot is played by Trevor Eve currently starring in the BBC series 'Waking the dead'

The 'Chiefy' is played by Micheal Sheard, the actor that appreared in Grange Hill as 'Mr Bronson', and was also in Star Wars.

Good DVD, I have it and recommended it to any one interested in the F4 or the cold war RAF.

The Phantom pilot is played by Trevor Eve currently starring in the BBC series 'Waking the dead'

The 'Chiefy' is played by Micheal Sheard, the actor that appreared in Grange Hill as 'Mr Bronson', and was also in Star Wars.

Now I understand, they were too good to be RAF personnel..... :winkgrin:

Is oversight the one where the lineys forget to lock the outer wing ? (based on a true incident in Germany I believe) If we saw it in training at Cosford- It didn't half put the wind up us..

Same for the aircrew, absolutely hammered home on the OCU as must do checks on both the walkround and the final pre-take off checks (wings - down and locked). There was a day- glo lug that stuck up if the outer wing wasn't locked down.

Something you always, always checked and as it happens the guy in the back of the one lost at Bruggen was an instructor on 6FTS at Finningley when I went through - one of the shorter sorties recorded on the Toom but no landing logged in the book! Pilot went first (no command eject) but you get the idea when you see the seat in front disappear up the rail with the rocket igniting - no point in hanging around thereafter. Time for the "Martin-Baker let down" :giles:

• 2 weeks later...