Air Sea Rescue Boat

Pappy

G'day people,

Here are a few pics of my 1/72 Airfix Air Sea Rescue Service (ASRS) 'whaleback' kit. The kit is finished in the colours of "Seagull 70", one of the decal options included in the kit.

I rebuilt the mast using brass rod and plastic and the cabin handrails were cut off and replaced with plastic rod. I did this becaus ethe cabin is assembled in three sections, and the handrail is right along the seams. i kept the kit hand rails and used these as templates to drill holes for the rail supports. Once set, these were capped with a length of plastic rod, easy peasy!

I replaced the commanders transparencies with clear acetate, and aslo added a few more figures to the kit. The figures are included in the kit but I wanted to man the guns. Fortunately, a fellow club member also had the same kit and didn't want to use the figures.

rightbow.jpg

frontdeck.jpg

stern.jpg

top2.jpg

cheers,

Pappy

Me like! Does anyone know if there is an etched brass detailing set available for the kit? Maybe I saw something announced somewhere, but can't find it.

D. J. Parkins announced it in the Great Little Ships range. Still hasn't appeared, along with lots of other goodies announced. Maybe the nice people at WEM might oblige - how about it folks?

peebeep

That is a lovely build, Pappy. Well done.

Dave

Thanks all,

Despite the age of the kit, it came up nicely in short space of time.

I currently have the Airfix 1/600 Fearless kit underway (nautical pun geddit!), slow progress though,

cheers,

Pappy

• 3 weeks later...