RAF Chinook, BritForLeb

Paul Bradley

I am making the Italeri 1/48 HC.1. Does anyone have any decent photos of the Chinooks that participated in the 1984 BritForLeb deployment, please? And a list of serial/code tie-ups, perchance?

I'm also looking for general photos of the interior, cockpit and main cabin, of an RAF HC.1.

TIA!

If I remember correctly, the original Matchbox Chinook came with those markings (the ones with a big Union Flag on the rear fin). That should give serials, etc.

Unless anybody else knows better.

I've got a set of those somewhere, see if I can find them and get back to you.

Sorry, mate, tipped all the contents of the cupboard out and can't find 'em. Memory seems to be telling me that SAM did it in one of their old issues. Trouble is, Karl (dswoofie) has my copies of the first 20 years just now. I'll give him a ring and see if he's found anything. Sorry again.

Cheers Mr. Boots, I have got a hold of SAM from another source, I just need to be able to unzip the files so I can read it...... :wall:

From the Matchbox and Italeri kits, we already know that ZA711 was ET.

From airliners.net, we also see that ZA705 was EZ.

I'm hoping the SAM files will provide more clues.

THanks for the help so far! :D

Just spoke to Karl, he thinks he's found it and wiil post them later. Glad to have been of somewhat limited help. :worthy:

Righty ho!

The SAM article I found (April '84) was a 2 page spread with the 2 colour drawings of Chinooks, Sea Kings, and Hercs that were deployed for Lebanon. I've popped the 2 chinooks on here, they are ZA705/ET (9 sqn) and ZA675/BB (18 sqn). No others are mentioned. I'm not sure if there are any other SAM articles later on, I'll take a good look later on.

I've also found a couple of shots from elsewhere, but these are only ZA705 again.

Here they are anyway...

Chinook1_1.jpg

Chinook2.jpg

chinook3.jpg

chinook4.jpg

Hope these help.

Karl.

Righty ho!

The SAM article I found (April '84) was a 2 page spread with the 2 colour drawings of Chinooks, Sea Kings, and Hercs that were deployed for Lebanon. I've popped the 2 chinooks on here, they are ZA705/ET (9 sqn) and ZA675/BB (18 sqn). No others are mentioned. I'm not sure if there are any other SAM articles later on, I'll take a good look later on.

I've also found a couple of shots from elsewhere, but these are only ZA705 again.

Here they are anyway...

Chinook1_1.jpg

Chinook2.jpg

chinook3.jpg

chinook4.jpg

Hope these help.

Karl.

there was also some in the Falklands editions of MAM /Sam a couple of months ago, will go look in the folders shortly

Ed