Republic P-47C Razorback (Arii 1/48)

Hi all. Model is already finished, at last. I've tryed to show the whole structure overpainting and achieving a faded paint with a lot of airbrush work and artist oils. Several mistakes can be appreciated but the important is the intention... Funny time!

I hope you like her and any comments will be welcome as usual. Thanks so much for seeing.

Kindly regards.

b3wgbd.jpg

2ywejd5.jpg

2nu7tz.jpg

2qk2f15.jpg

2mo4f9h.jpg

j6j5vd.jpg

szhgux.jpg

5mis5y.jpg

1t4nb5.jpg

zv5uoo.jpg

2wc40tl.jpg

nosw76.jpg

6r1u6t.jpg

osgzu8.jpg

23k89ja.jpg

2zpruo5.jpg

zistgo.jpg

kb6tk0.jpg

6s6uzk.jpg

This is beautiful and crazily impressive handiwork! Congrats on your command of the airbrush and the artist's oils! :worthy:

However (no doubt I'll get :mg: for this)…

Isn't your Jug rendition just a teeny bit overdone? Is it realistic, as opposed to being impressive as a display of superlative artisanship (which it clearly is)? Or perhaps your intention is, as you wrote, mainly pedagogic – showing the structure with some artistic license?

I can't help comparing it with Eric B's amazing Bf 109 K <http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45753&st=0entry485620>, one of the finest models I've seen anywhere which succeeds in looking just 'right' – it is a shrunk original, with less reliance on obvious techniques such as heavy pre-shading.

It would be really interesting to see one or two of the orgiginal photos that you must have been inspired by.

Whatever, a superior finishing job, no doubt about that! :thumbsup:

Best,

Joachim

Isn't your Jug rendition just a teeny bit overdone? Is it realistic, as opposed to being impressive as a display of superlative artisanship (which it clearly is)? Or perhaps your intention is, as you wrote, mainly pedagogic – showing the structure with some artistic license?

Joachim

Have you SEEN any photos of a war-weary P-47D? The OD finish was hugely prone to fading and with constant cleaning would have worn quite extensively. Any aircraft tha survived more than a few months in combat would look pretty tatty. I think this is a work of art!!!!!

Have you SEEN any photos of a war-weary P-47D? The OD finish was hugely prone to fading and with constant cleaning would have worn quite extensively. Any aircraft tha survived more than a few months in combat would look pretty tatty. I think this is a work of art!!!!!

If you read my post carefully, you'd noticed that, i.a., I wrote:

"This is beautiful and crazily impressive handiwork!", "a display of superlative artisanship" and "a superior finishing job."

So, obviously, I'm not questioning that it's a work of art. Obviously it is, even without quintuple exclamation marks. Salvador Dali's and Pablo Picasso's paintings are also works of art. My question, and please note: my question was: is it realistic? In other words, is it an accurate rendition of the prototype machine?

That's why I thought it would be interesting to see some reference photos as comparison, especially since the OP wrote: "I've tryed to show the whole structure overpainting". But perhaps I misunderstood this expression.

As to your specific question: yes, I've seen photos of OD Jugs. Have I seen QP-Y specifically? No. That's why I'm asking.

Best regards,

Joachim

Thanks a lot for your words. Please, that's just plastic, no more, so take it easy. No, she's not realistic, sure, but why not? Were we at Essex in '43? I guess now you're gonna talk about "pictures", but photos of this aircraft? Does someone keep photos in good conditions about "Little Butch"? I think that it might be, but otherwise don't happen nothing. Presumption of innocence, at least. It is not important because lastly only try to reflect the reality as I see. But, really, friends, it's just plastic and not worth discussing for this. If you did't like her, again will be, and we continue having fun.

I'd like express rightly in your language. Sadly, just speak in Spanish, and it makes me rage! Anyway, I hope you understand the message content.

Thank you.

Kindly regards.