Airfix Starter Kits GB

Just found this on Google, Its not me i hasten to add!

aircraft310806_228x341.jpg

Maybe someone could make something of it, as i wouldn't know what i was doing.

I'm a dab hand a photoshop, if you'd like me to make a banner just let me know what it needs to say and what size in pixels it needs to be and i'll happily help

Jazzy

Hi Everyone,

First Post! What a great idea! Got me a gazelle!

:welcome: aboard Stu :) Built one of those as a kid, and as I didn't have any decent colors in stock, painted it a kind of dusky pinky red :blink:

I'm a dab hand a photoshop, if you'd like me to make a banner just let me know what it needs to say and what size in pixels it needs to be and i'll happily help

Jazzy

I'll leave the caption to Paul, but vertically it should be no more than 200 pixels. Most people make 'em quite small (with notable exceptions), so that people can tile a few horizontally if they're GB banner collectors :)

:welcome: aboard Stu :) Built one of those as a kid, and as I didn't have any decent colors in stock, painted it a kind of dusky pinky red :blink:

I'll leave the caption to Paul, but vertically it should be no more than 200 pixels. Most people make 'em quite small (with notable exceptions), so that people can tile a few horizontally if they're GB banner collectors :)

Right guys lets have some ideas for the banner caption

How about something along the lines of "going back to our roots"?

bannerimage.jpg

how about an old airfix catologue image?? & 'those were the good old days built straight out of the box'

I was thinking of using the photo Bomber found on the left , with a "It starts...."in the middle and on the right a photo of an old man huddled amidst his stash. Or we could mod the Britmodeller logo to include glue, paints and a hairy stick.

They probably wouldn't notice.... :rolleyes:

I was just wondering....

If we enter with more than one kit...can we 'cross kit' paints?

i.e. if i need yellow for prop tips, and silver for undercarts, and my other starter kit has them, can I use them in my p-40?

just a thought.

Phil.

And here it is.....my entry....

Image0133.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about Japanese aircraft, other than whe I've read on here. As far as I can see, it includes all the colours I need to complete it, other than that strange clear greeny/blue for the u/c bays and interior (?)

The good news is they give you a whole pot of silver to paint just the spinner and pitot tube....so, I can see plenty of worn paint will be showing.....

Out of interest, would this be eligible for the GB?.

1-2.jpg

Must admit I've seen a few kits, like my Vulcan, that come with the paints/glue/hairstick, but I would assume that seeing as the starter sets have "starter set" written on them...... :whistle:

Must admit I've seen a few kits, like my Vulcan, that come with the paints/glue/hairstick, but I would assume that seeing as the starter sets have "starter set" written on them...... :whistle:

Of course you can use this kit as long as you only use what is provided - alittle birdy tells me Mike might be opting for the latest Illustrious kit as his entry

Paul

Ambitious! :thumbsup:

Yup - the Vulcan set was the first thing I did when I returned to the hobby, and I found that there is not enough paint in those little pots to do an aircraft that size (the topside in two-colour camo might be possible, but that huge expanse of single-colour underside? Even to get one full coat on, you would need to be a Hogwarts graduate.....) ... especially with the titchy little brush provided....

... but the very best of luck! I salute you! (salutes)