Help on colours

Vingtor

Re my work on the Sikorsky S-43 model (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41894) I have come across documentation of the actual colours that were specified for the interior and exterior of the aircraft. I want to post this in a separate thread though.

The colours are however specified by names which unfortunately does not reveal the true shades. Some of the colours that are specified are:

Horizon Blue - cabin floor

Stratosphere Blue - ceiling and wall panels

Temple of Heaven Blue - ceiling and wall panels

Any ideas about the shades of these blue colours?

Cheers,

Nils

Edited by Vingtor

Re my work on the Sikorsky S-43 model (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41894) I have come across documentation of the actual colours that were specified for the interior and exterior of the aircraft. I want to post this in a separate thread though.

The colours are however specified by names which unfortunately does not reveal the true shades. Some of the colours that are specified are:

Horizon Blue - cabin floor

Stratosphere Blue - ceiling and wall panels

Temple of Heaven Blue - ceiling and wall panels

Any ideas about the shades of these blue colours?

Cheers,

Nils

Pure guess work but Horizon Blue was the colour of French WW.1 Army uniforms, so a pale Grey/Blue. Stratosphere Blue has to be a deep darker Blue and Temple of Heaven Blue sounds like a bedroom ceiling :closedeyes: (I'd go for a Blue in between the others).

John

Here is a (poor) photo from the actual aircraft.

Aftenposten_22_8_36-2_600.jpg

It seems like the Horizon Blue cabin floor is rather dark while the Stratosphere Blue and Temple of Heaven Blue shades are much lighter. I would have guessed, from the name, that Stratosphere Blue was a rather dark shade, but it appears to be a more medium blue.

Nils

can't help unfortunately - I wish I could coz this is a project after my own heart

I have a sikorsky S40 which I want to build with all the rigging and interior...in 1/144 scale....at some point.

when I can find out more about the interior anyway...