Can you help me identify these artifacts

Pat C

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes..grateful for help identifying the items in the photo. These belonged to a relative who was a young lad during the war. He picked up quite a collection of relics from the streets. These are some of the bigger items. I think the item on the left is a nose cone from an AA shell, at the top is the fin from a German incendiary and at the bottom is maybe part of an incendiary as well. But any advice gratefully received.

Pat

shrap1.jpg

The item on the far left is a fuse that was fitted to artillery shells.

HTH

JB.

G'day Pat,

Both right hand side items are parts of a German Incendiary Device.This was about 2 3/4 inches diameter and getting on for 16 inches long overall.My Dad has a complete one that lives in the garage,that's why I recognise it.

I haven't got round to researching this subject yet,lazy sod that I am.My Dads complete item was,at one time,overpainted wth Aluminium paint.Not thickly,but I have found no markings or serial numbers on this item at all.

Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Alex Gordon

Thanks - thats good to confirm my hunch was right about the incendiary - has your Dad ever dropped it??!! Both bits have serials on them so I guessed they were German. Could the fuse be from an AA shell? Would it be intact after the shell detonated? You can see it has a large crack so clearly has been subject to some stress!!!

Pat

Not sure about AA but it would have certainly been used for artillery shells, looks like this one has not been used, not sure what could have caused the crack, maybe damaged in store?

Regards,

JB.