Sd.Kfz.234/3

smuts

Hi guys, got goin on it now suspension built & ready for some pre shading..

100_0123-6.jpg

100_0124-6.jpg

100_0126-4.jpg

started on the interior sprayed XF-9 for the floor & engine compartment & masked em off prior to a coat of WEM ARG-01..

100_0125-6.jpg

Andy.

Hi guys, matted down & weathered..

100_0118_2-2.jpg

I like the shells... they look very pukka. What's the plan for weathering the interior?

Mike, I've sponged hull red (primer)on the tread plates & walls then added some X-11 with a sponge to the hull floor /tread plates/transmission,

dusted the floor with MiG European dust then Tamiya sets A /D & E in streaks on the walls/seats etc.

upper/lower hull together every thing on except the knocky off bits.........

100_0120-6.jpg

100_0119-3.jpg

I assume that this thing was designed as a pushme pullyou? hence the 2 steering wheels?

yeah it could be driven either way, all eight wheels were steerable & the bugger could shift as well 48 mph combat loaded Cyberhobby do a steering set for the 234's so you can position the wheels. the systems still in use on today's multi wheel APC's.

Andy.

Hi guys, finished the gun & sprayed XF-60 with the shell basket done in NATO black, added some chips with hull red & silver..

100_0127-6.jpg

road road wheels sprayed Gunz H410(tyres) & fitted, Dragon's given the option to mix & match tyre type/pattern that was common on 234's...

100_0126-6.jpg

nearly there..

100_0125-7.jpg

now the fun part tri-colour camo.

Andy.

Hi guys, after lookin for pics of the /3 version on the web & in print I've come to the idea that the vast number were left in just dark yellow, plus after three attempts at a tri colour ended as a complete #uck up & respray I'm goin with a single colour (if this had wings it wouldn't have any panel lines left)

any way I've added some tarps to break up the lines & add a bit of colour then given the jerry cans a bit of colour by leaving one grey the others peeling...

100_0128-6.jpg

100_0129-5.jpg

I'm going to use one of the MiG filters on this from the German set & I'm not sure which one to use I'm sure I heard/read that the best one for the Dk yellow is the brown filter

any advice would be great.

Andy.

Guest snipersmudge

Nice work Andy, as regards the MIG filters there is no hard and fast rule which says you must use a certain filter for a specific colour scheme I would suggest you try it out on a scrap model/ bit of card sprayed with the colour you have on the 234 first and experiment with the different filters. Remember that a filter will darken the base colour slightly and there is no way of reversing this.

I apply my filters using a wide round brush, dip the brush in the filter then blot off on some tissue etc then brush onto the vehicle and let dry fully before adding any more.

Pete

Hi guys, Thanks Pete for the advice with the filters. started the exhausts sprayed them NATO black the mist coated a very thinned hull red over em...

100_0130-6.jpg

fitted & the tarps painted Aeromaster olivgrun, added some pioneer tools & both MG's...

100_0132-6.jpg

100_0131-5.jpg

100_0133-4.jpg

both the MG's are really impressive (Gen2) so I need to source some ammo belts....any idea's.

Ta Andy.

Hi guys, started to give it that lived in look now leaned five 75 mm rounds against the wall on the gunners side & dropped three spent cases on the floor threw two outside two in the basket , added three 50 round drums for the 34 & some potato mashers to ruin some buggers day.

100_0128-7.jpg

Andy.....& Ive snapped that bloody aerial off :shithappens:

BTW.. anyone still make ammo belts?

I've just gone with a 234/3 aswell, and now having looked at yours im a bit dissapointed, mine will be no where near as well made/finished as yours! :(

Nice little vehicles tho! We could make ourselves a nice armoured car force!! ;)

Edited by NinjabreadMan