A `What if` what if Lufty Special

tc2324

Ok, I think you can guess by now I`m a few sandwiches short of a picnic and as I got these spare kits knocking around from various past projects, I thought I`d have a go at this kit bashing malarkey. :wacko:

012-10-1.jpg

Anyone fancy a jet powered stuka or 217? Or how about a `prop` Me262? :unsure:

Ow about a ME-262Z ( a twin "stormbird" ).. looking something like a 109Z...or a He-111Z...but faster...

WIFF Luft Cheers,

ggc

As the 262 has lost it's engines, why don't you do a propellor version ME 262 too?

Would be a shame to waste a lovely kit....

Was thinking along those lines myself. Back story may prove difficult though....?

Was thinking along those lines myself. Back story may prove difficult though....?

Back story shouldn't be hard... the prototype had a piston engine up front, to test the airframe. I've seen pictures...

Mike

Back story shouldn't be hard... the prototype had a piston engine up front, to test the airframe. I've seen pictures...

Mike

No doubt I`ll come up with something, although I was going to use both the Do215 prop engines and put them in the spaces left over from the jet ones.

Want to leave the nose of the 262 alone as that has the `punch`. I`ll prep the Stuka first then look at whats left of the 262.

Edited by tc2324

....using the cannon from the Stuka maybe?

...or a glider parasite fighter attached to the Do217??

Pat

Used the canon from the kit for my German Lanc night fighter. Could try and scratch build some more..??

A quick update on my Junkers 187.....:)

First atempt at kit bashing so may have to bare with me on this one...:D

Main section and powerplants made up today. Nothing painted yet, but there`s method to my madness.....;)

015-5-1.jpg

While doing a bit of research I just found out that a Junkers 187 existed, in test form anyway, so got to come up with a new designation.:rolleyes:

And I bet you thought this `what if` back story stuff was easy.... :lol:

According to "Warplanes of the 3rd Reich", the Ju 187 remained a project, it was a re-designation of the JU87F project and wasn't actually built,

so the Ju187 designation might be available for a what-if, if you wanted. The Ju 287 was the forward-swept 4-jet monstrosity with fixed landing

gear that Junkers built as a technology demonstrator, where the Russians completed the V2 postwar in the USSR. There's no Ju 387 in the book,

though, or you could always argue that the development was contracted out to another manufacturer (The Messerschmidt Me155 project was taken

over by Blohm und Voss as the Bv155) and then call it whatever German WW2 designation you like!

:coat:

According to "Warplanes of the 3rd Reich", the Ju 187 remained a project, it was a re-designation of the JU87F project and wasn't actually built,

so the Ju187 designation might be available for a what-if, if you wanted. The Ju 287 was the forward-swept 4-jet monstrosity with fixed landing

gear that Junkers built as a technology demonstrator, where the Russians completed the V2 postwar in the USSR. There's no Ju 387 in the book,

though, or you could always argue that the development was contracted out to another manufacturer (The Messerschmidt Me155 project was taken

over by Blohm und Voss as the Bv155) and then call it whatever German WW2 designation you like!

:coat:

Cheers for the input Gaz. Think I`m going to go for an added prefix to the Ju 87 designation as it`s not a new airframe design. :thumbsup:

Added the engines to the wings today. I think some of you may be surprised.... :wacko:

Ok, penultimate set of build photos before the finished product and back story. As you can see, I`ve redesigned the tail section so the jet exhaust does not burn the tail off. Added the two 37mm to the nose and primed the model ready for it`s paint job.:)

006-23-3.jpg

001-19.jpg

008-11-3.jpg

003-13-4.jpg

Looks... erm... unusual :) One thing - you seem to have put the jet engine pods on bottom backwards - does that matter in this context?