* Italeri 1:72 Huey UH-1C Gunship FINISHED

Deacon

I am not a regular 'viewer' of Britmodeller but recently thought I would like to have a go at some of the GB's on here.

So, 9 days to go and I am going to try to get a kit done which I started for a Vietnam GB last year. I hope you will agree that it is less than 20% complete.

I will finish this in the US Navy - HA(L)-3, Bin Thuy 1970 markings as I know another member is doing the same a/c and I haven't got a Navy Huey in my colllection.

Picture003.jpg

The picture shows the part construction. I tend to break down boxes in order to save on storage and to confuse the wife as to how many kits I have actually got. :winkgrin:

Cheers

Deacon

Edited by Deacon
  • Like 1

Thanks Ash. :)

Here is a shot of the Vietnam helicopters I have at present. UH-1B, UH-1C, UH-1D, UH-34 and Cayuse.

I still have a UH-1N to do, but want to do it in the colours whilst it served in Nam, which I am finding hard.

IMG_6318.jpg

Thanks again.

Deacon

• 4 months later...
I still have a UH-1N to do, but want to do it in the colours whilst it served in Nam, which I am finding hard.

Hi Deacon,

I've just joined and saw this old post. Its probably old news but the USAF used UH-1Ns from late 1970. They were used in Vietnam, some by the 20th Special Operations Squadron, the Green Hornets, and had a wrap around three colour camouflage. There's some more info here (scroll down about halfway) and here.

Cheers