Vulcan saved

andy wood

Very good news,

Just a thought having been at Waddington last year but Perhaps with the extra money they could employ someone to make sure all the paperwork is in order.

Just a reprieve I'd say... Good news for those enthusiasts hoping to see the aircraft fly again, but I suspect take the opportunity to see it while you still can, this kind of air craft has only one future and that is sadly on the ground.

Crumbs - I really didn't think they'd make it - last time I visited the appeal site was last night and it really didn't look good.

Congrats to the team - hopefully this will be the last time she goes from one emergency to another (crosses fingers).

Iain

To some it may appear a waste to me .............it's money well spent..What this means cannot be summed up by bean counters as no monetary value can be placed on History.

Very good news,

Just a thought having been at Waddington last year but Perhaps with the extra money they could employ someone to make sure all the paperwork is in order.

For £100,000, I'll do it!

Good news though...

However- I would be hesitant to drop a fiver into a bottomless pit

I hate to admit it but I am inclined to agree. I do feel that this is just a stay of execution

I'm really glad someone has stumped up the money, but I predict that in 12 or so months time they will have another crisses and will want another similar sized wad of cash.

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Most people in the UK live permanaently like that on a day to day basis Mish. They escape it by going to airshows to see Vulcans

I'm really glad someone has stumped up the money, but I predict that in 12 or so months time they will have another crisses and will want another similar sized wad of cash.

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Yep,and there'll be some affluent American waiting with the readies and she'll be gone to the States.

They'll then have the only airworthy Vulcan in the world,just like they have the only F/A.2 Shar and Seafire 47

Edited by Miggers

Yep,and there'll be some affluent American waiting with the readies and she'll be gone to the States.

They'll then have the only airworthy Vulcan in the world,just like they have the only F/A.2 Shar and Seafire 47

And Short Sunderland?