Double Jag Build.......

ghaynes

Excellent stuff. You should write a book on these builds.

You could call it a Haynes' Manual.............

:handbag::coat::door:

Sorry

Graham

Absolutely fantastic... I know I've said it before but the Jaguar is, for me, just the perfect looking aeroplane.

...even better as a 2 seater! great thread, wonderful pics. Now I'll never do mine, I'll be too busy trying to work out how much detail I'm capable of adding... :hypnotised:

Thanks for the comments guys. :speak_cool:

Next up for XX741 will be adding the remainder of the wing bolts and re-fitting the spine...including reconnecting all the cabling. I fancy having a break from the cockpit! :hypnotised:

Cheers.

Graham

Edited by ghaynes

Hi Tony,

The left side console is a work in progress at the mo...the starboard one is complete though.

Where does the spare gunsight go? I can find no reference to it in the AP.

Regards.

Graham

cannot see the spare gunsight in the left side console photos.......

It was the rear left on the wall and in a pouch I think, was basically a square of perspex with etched black gradiant rings on it and a crosshair and a clip on it similar to those spring loaded jobbies you use on paper, if the HUD failed for any reason you clipped the perspex over the inside of the HUD glass and had an all be it basic sight to use. Wonder if they removed it for later variants?

Edited by TonyT

Thanks Tony. I don't suppose you can point me in the direction of a photo of the said item. I can't see any signs of where it would have been on XX741. Like you say, I wonder if it was was for early Jags with the single glass HUD. XX741 has the later dual-glass HUD fitted.

Regards.

Graham

It was the rear left on the wall and in a pouch I think, was basically a square of perspex with etched black gradiant rings on it and a crosshair and a clip on it similar to those spring loaded jobbies you use on paper, if the HUD failed for any reason you clipped the perspex over the inside of the HUD glass and had an all be it basic sight to use. Wonder if they removed it for later variants?

Not seen that 360 degree view before. Am surprised how much is missing from the cockpit though! I had always assumed that that airframe would be complete.

Yep, know where you are talking about now. Had a look at some cockpit reference photos I have, including GR.3s, and there doesn't appear to be anything attached to the clips. The port side console diagram in the AP doesn't even show the clips. :shrug:

Regards.

Graham

See the clips just forward of the outflow valve and aft of the navwass control on the cockpit wall, it might have been on there, btw seen this

http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/museum_of...kpit_views.aspx

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on XX741 as it's been a while since I posted any progress. Reason being is that I have been busy re-wiring the spine (read sorting out the rats nest of wires and cables! :fraidnot: ) for the last few weeks and I'm hoping I can get this finished on Saturday. Once that is done the spine panels will be re-fitted and I will then continue with re-fitting the cockpit.

The 1/48 scale version is at the painting stage but has been put aside for now in favour of a 1/32 F-104. I was beginning to get overdosed on Jaguars! Will aim to post some photos of XX741 over the weekend.

Cheers.

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to take some update photos of XX741 as we had to tow her out of the hangar for a short while last Thursday. A lot of progress has been made but most of it is internal and can't been seen in the photos!

IMG_6317a.jpg

IMG_6318a.jpg

IMG_6312a.jpg

Graham

Hi Mark,

She will be displayed at Bentwaters Cold War Museum when finished.

Regards.

Graham

well gary she looks like a Jag, !!!

looks like your doing a very good job, where will she be displayed when finished i will have to come and see her

Edited by ghaynes

• 2 years later...

Thought I would add some recent photos of XX741 as this thread was mentioned in one referring to the new Kitty Hawk Jag. A lot has happened siince June 2010 with XX741's restoration, culminating in her now being electrically live. Some additional work is required on the hydraulics and if we are fortunate enough to acquire a pair of Adours, she has the potential to be taxiable in the future. :) XX741 is currently being prepared for a re-spray.

The Airfix Jag build has ground to a halt at the moment.

DEF52E32-A853-4A87-BEB1-867FDE3CA02C-579-00000138658241BD.jpg

AECD8681-7422-4A4B-85A7-F6EFCA51F308-579-00000138E9B197FC.jpg

FA20ECFA-C10C-49A4-90FE-E7DADD86E82D-579-00000138D823F3F4.jpg

4C2BE43A-4E97-4A35-9030-86F54B1EAA6A-579-00000138F413DBFC.jpg

Regards.

Graham

Edited by ghaynes

Quite a few Phil :)

Masking is one of my pet hates but thankfully another Britmodeller, SPARKER, seems to have a bit of a fetish about masking so he is doing most of it! :yahoo:

Great pics, how many rolls of Tamiya tape did that lot take to mask?....

• Like 1