What If Group Build

Daniel

you are spot on Dan

The idea just to have fun cos I won't have to worry about it being inaccurate! :lol:

it overlaps the BoB GB and the school hols so will be spending time with my daughter. So it is a matter of time and energy available.

Even if I don't join in the GB and Fred have helped me to get the thinking cap on and find a use for the kit

Edited by walrus

I am building the TSR.2 in 1/48, with lots of extras (big weapons load), so I am already stretching reality (which is of course the whole point). An out of the box EE Lightning in 1/48 has taken me 3 months, so I am goin to have to crack on with the TSR.2 to finish it, so I have decided I will just build it, and not worry about issues.

Dan

I am building the TSR.2 in 1/48, with lots of extras (big weapons load), so I am already stretching reality (which is of course the whole point). An out of the box EE Lightning in 1/48 has taken me 3 months, so I am goin to have to crack on with the TSR.2 to finish it, so I have decided I will just build it, and not worry about issues.

Dan

Which is why I'm not doing a TSR2 for this GB....

Walrus, yes, I must admit, that one crossed my mind as, despite having served 22 years in the RAF as an avionics techie, I couldn't tell 1 antenna from another!!

So, just don't look too closely at mine. It's the concept I'm going for, rather than the detail.....

Well, unfortunately, the office is the main area of change on my whif, so I will definately be needing new seats, but I won't be going too mad on it. (not in 1/72 scale). I had planned to scratch build a bomb bay, but tbh, I'm not sure if thats beyond my skills at this time (it's been a long time since I attempted anything like that).

We'll have to see what turns up....... :confused:

Probably won`t announce my build(s) until nearer the time of the start date. (Already noticed someone doing a RN F-14, looking forward to that one TOM4ever). Is there a last date for announcements for this??

Probably won`t announce my build(s) until nearer the time of the start date. (Already noticed someone doing a RN F-14, looking forward to that one TOM4ever). Is there a last date for announcements for this??

I haven't officially announced mine either, as plans change.......

I liked the idea of an RN tomcat too. Will do myself one eventually!

Ohhh yes, Daniel. I've got my back story researched and written already!

Well I won't say researched, but I see a gap that I hope to fill and I have the story to go with it.........

Lets just hope my planning doesn't exceed my skill, lol

Right...nearly set.

Got my aircraft....

Got my new cockpit area, thanks to EoEng model show on Saturday.

Got some nice photos of some areas to improve a little, thanks to Newark Air Museum.

All I need now is 4 Mk10 MB seats and I'm set to go!

Just hope I can do it justice (or at all) in 3 months!

Pretty sure it was about 1975-77 they were looking at it and it would have been the GR3 rather than anything more modern. A straight GR1 in PLAF markings and overall grey would be bang on the money.

Straight whif? My own take is slightly skewed history and this fits the bill. I'm toying with a straight Spitfire PRXIX but with a slight change of national markings.

a straightish whif seems a bit of a cheat but is more realistic in the time frame

will see how am feeling nearer the time

Isn't that the joy if "whiffing"? you can do anything from a simple change of colour scheme or markings, to a complete redesign of the aircraft.

definitely so Devilfish :D

but there is so much more pleasure ito be had attacking plastic with razorsaw and blow torch :evil_laugh:

pAUli von mADproFESsoR

yes....yes there is!!!

I have this strange desire to build WW2 RAF aircraft with backward engineered alien technology from the top secret UFO that crashed in Hampshire in 1931.... :shoot:

Oh, hang on...I didn't say that....it's a secret.... :shutup: