Wingnuts Time Agan

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

Beware, Rowan, beware of La Poste!

Don't yell "victory" to soon...

I know of a friend in Paris who is waiting for his LVG since january....

Waiting for a D.V, here, ordered on march 21st, shipped on the 25th. I'll tell you when I get it.

By the way, TAV is in fact TVA (Taxe à la Valeur Ajoutée)

;)

Beware, Rowan, beware of La Poste!

Don't yell "victory" to soon...

I know of a friend in Paris who is waiting for his LVG since january....

Waiting for a D.V, here, ordered on march 21st, shipped on the 25th. I'll tell you when I get it.

By the way, TAV is in fact TVA (Taxe à la Valeur Ajoutée)

;)

Sorry, initials never were a strong point...

Ah, well That's Paris for you! Interested to hear how you get on with yours.

Got my WNW pup and DVa on thursday. Went for the RNAS pup as you get an extra sprue with another fuselage and top wing with the cut-out for the lewis gun. Was 8 quid handling charge and 6.95 VAT from Parcelfarce. I can cope with that adding 7.50 to the price of each kit, still incredible bargains compared to the big Airfix Mossie and Tamiya Spitfire IX. I'm planning to start the pup this weekend.

Ed

Got my WNW pup and DVa on thursday. Went for the RNAS pup as you get an extra sprue with another fuselage and top wing with the cut-out for the lewis gun. Was 8 quid handling charge and 6.95 VAT from Parcelfarce. I can cope with that adding 7.50 to the price of each kit, still incredible bargains compared to the big Airfix Mossie and Tamiya Spitfire IX. I'm planning to start the pup this weekend.

Ed

You lucky person - got my letter from Parcelforce today - £8 handling charge and £6.96 VAT!! Do I get charged an extra penny 'cause I'm in N.Ireland?? Smacks of Modelzone's postage charges....

Albatros - delivery tuesday; Can't wait!!

• 2 weeks later...
Got mine!

13110.jpg

My excuses to La Poste...

Ordered on 21/03, received on 03/04.

And what a box!!!

Where you at Rennes in the end, Rowan?

Hello Antoine,

Yes, I was there on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately we weren't able to have the stand there as my wife was unwell and I wasn't sure my French would have stood up to two days on my own! A very nice show with some excellent skills on display. My host, Sylvain was extremely helpful in making introductions etc. Enjoyed speaking to fellow ex-pat Anglais, David James of Air Modeller Magazine, his Wingnut LVG CVI was very tasty!

So Rowan, any sneak peeks at your 1/32 Albatros D.V stuff?? Any little bones you can throw us??

:)

J

Well, with three new sets coming out this month and three 32nd Pups next, I've been a little tied up, but there are some preliminary details on the Pheon forum for two Jasta 5 DVs. More to come as soon as I can clear the desk!

Hello Antoine,

Yes, I was there on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately we weren't able to have the stand there as my wife was unwell and I wasn't sure my French would have stood up to two days on my own! A very nice show with some excellent skills on display. My host, Sylvain was extremely helpful in making introductions etc. Enjoyed speaking to fellow ex-pat Anglais, David James of Air Modeller Magazine, his Wingnut LVG CVI was very tasty!

Sh*t!

I was there on sunday afternoon too!

And also saw your friend's LVG.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rowan

Do you really have the time to build any or are u making decals most off the time :=)

I´ll have the Pup n dAlbie home here tomorrow, hope fully I can deliver some pics for u guys if you are interested....

Larsa

Wotcha mucker, Lovely init? See this is what happens when I go and design decals for a Hawker Hurricane..........

First decals for the Albatros from me will be for Jasta 5's Ltn. Rumey's Devil with green/grey chequers on both wings and the fuselage - will include our first masks for the red stripe on the green tail as well. Another set will follow for a few more Jasta 5 machines, including Ltn. Wolf's Bavarian blue diamond one

Rumey's top and Wolf's below:

FirsttwoJasta5Albatrosse026.jpg

The tail masks will be available seperately as well, as from the box top, WNW are including at least one Jasta 5 option in the DV box.

Can't wait to get my paws on this kit!

Pups will also be done, but many of the choices on the Pheon 72nd and 48th scale sets will most likely be done by WNW, I think, so I have a few "special ones" up my sleeve........

Rowan, When are you bringing out the 1/72nd scale sets? How can I get them? I live in the US. Carl Thurston

Hi Rowan

Do you really have the time to build any or are u making decals most off the time :=)

Sadly, I have great problems finding the time to model but I have started working on the WNW Pup and I hope to be able to show some progress soon!

I have tried a number of ideas for the check and diamond patterns on the Albatros and I now believe I have a solution to making the decals so that they conform to the double curved tapering oval fuselage - and can be applied without too much difficulty. More soon!

Much interesting new, just gor home with a bag from Wingnuts including the Pup and Dv. Going to start up the work on them tomorrow. The bag also included Rodens Siemens S.This kit needs some correct colored lozenges, a hard nut to crack in 32-scale. Do you have any new about that?

Larsa