Wingnuts Time Agan

Jon Kunac-Tabinor

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...3731&page=1

Apols - just saw this on HS and cribbed the link, in case it's of interest. The last Albatross i built was the Airfix one about 30 years ago.

Christ almighty - Rowan are you there. Print more Pup decals cus if its this good then even I will have a Pup this year ( and a Spad - cus I cant stand buying decals and not using them)

Hope you like it.

Jonners

Apols - just saw this on HS and cribbed the link, in case it's of interest. The last Albatross i built was the Airfix one about 30 years ago.

Christ almighty - Rowan are you there. Print more Pup decals cus if its this good then even I will have a Pup this year ( and a Spad - cus I cant stand buying decals and not using them)

Hope you like it.

Jonners

Jonners,

I saw this earlier today.

Dribble dribble toil and quibble. My wallet is in for a beating.

Jasta 5 lineup here we come!

Bob Von buckle

Hope you like it.

Jonners

Wotcha mucker, Lovely init? See this is what happens when I go and design decals for a Hawker Hurricane..........

First decals for the Albatros from me will be for Jasta 5's Ltn. Rumey's Devil with green/grey chequers on both wings and the fuselage - will include our first masks for the red stripe on the green tail as well. Another set will follow for a few more Jasta 5 machines, including Ltn. Wolf's Bavarian blue diamond one

Rumey's top and Wolf's below:

FirsttwoJasta5Albatrosse026.jpg

The tail masks will be available seperately as well, as from the box top, WNW are including at least one Jasta 5 option in the DV box.

Can't wait to get my paws on this kit!

Pups will also be done, but many of the choices on the Pheon 72nd and 48th scale sets will most likely be done by WNW, I think, so I have a few "special ones" up my sleeve........

Edited by Rowan Broadbent

Wotcha mucker, Lovely init? See this is what happens when I go and design decals for a Hawker Hurricane..........

Salut mon brave! Hang on - an 'Urricane? But that has seulement une aile, tu n'as pas mal peut etre?

Oh hang on - they did do that hurricane with the biplane top "slip wing" - well thats Ok then - it makes it an honourary biplane I suppose :) C'mon tell us more.

Hope all is well dans le pays de Clouseau

Jonnoir

My review samples have arrived, or should I say, the missus has just picked them from the depot. As soon as I get some quiet time, I'll pop a review on my site. If there's anything in particular you want in way of pics, then I can provide ;)

Bloody 'ell Jim!

You have made me jealous... u git! :evil_laugh:

PM me when you have them up on your site. Gots to seeeeee them.

Cheers,

Boob.

That's great news - I have built the first 4 releases (with varying success!). Continuing free postage is great news, but import duty is still an issue - it added £10 -15 to the cost of the first releases.

The price reduction from £79 to $59 will really ease the pain!

I love the Albatros; I have 3 examples in 1/48 - a 1/32 example is a must...

Hendrik

Edited by hendrik

I have to say that the Albatros D.V is superb. The rendering of the wing ribs and fabric to the exhaustively detailed engine bay is thoroughly exacting. The pre and post restoration photos show the tremendous work that the Wingnuts team have gone to. Review should be up tomorrow night, followed by the Sopwith Pup RNAS sometime later this week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you guys see this: http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/features/wwinterviewdw_1.htm

I dont do 1.32 or WWI but I am seriously thinking about getting one of these.

I wish they would get a UK distributor but looking at that article its not going to happen.

Now how big is that Gotha!

Julien

My Wingnuts RFC Sopwith Pup has just shipped from NZ :partytime:

But I too would like to see a UK distributor, especially if they drop the free shipping. Shipping + UK Customs is going to up the price considerably.

I have had a brief email conversation with Dave Johnson @ Wingnuts and asked that they at least consider somewhere such as Hannants as a distributor for the UK.

Julian

Well my box of New Zealand Delight turned up here en France this morning. VAT? c'est quoi ca? Handling charge? naaah, pas ici!!!!

If this is going to be the norm (and that's five WNW kits delivered here without any of the old UK nonsense since we moved in December) then if anyone wants to put me down as their delivery address, I'm over for the Hendon show in May, and my delivery charges are well cheap, innit. Seriously if any UK based Wingnut-a-philes want me to receive their kits on their behalf, I'm happy to do so - within reason. Of course if I do get clobbered for TAV (that's VAT to you lot) you don't get the kit until you've coughed up the readies - and it's 19.3% here.....(I think... though how would I know? I haven't had to pay it!! YIPPEEEE!!!).

Moi, gloat? jamais!! :smartass::bleh::tomato: