Television Goes Flying

marty_hopkirk

• 2 weeks later...

:angrysoapbox.sml: I just bloody 'ate these BBC vid's that are biased just cuz I'm a Yank, "sorry this is not available in your area"..where am I on bloody Jupiter!!!

Well that sucks. It says "not available in your area."

I'm with ya mate

Edited by Angels49

I just bloody 'ate these BBC vid's that are biased just cuz I'm a Yank, "sorry this is not available in your area"..where am I on bloody Jupiter!!!

It's to do with where they have agreements to show the film or programme, normally with the participants and makers. It's no consolation but I get the same message if I try to watch some video links to US or Aussie sites, or if I try to watch the BBC when I am on holiday abroad. . I guess that they read your IP address which tells them which country you are in, and let you view or not.

If only some nerd would come up with a way of letting us overcome this annoying feature.

Ah those were the days.......

But even better is the "Go With Noakes" episode (in the "more like this" bit on the right) where he flies with the Arrows. Brilliant.

Is Noaksey still with us?

Graham

same here. Looks as if it's not available anywhere in North America.

Like I said, "piffle!"

May be possible to get it to work outside UK by using a transparent proxy - I've done this in the past to 'appear' to be in the US for US only content...

Iain

Transparent proxy? Whaddahell is that, and more importantly - where do I get one?

Great Stuff.

B/W - Raymond Baxter - Nostalgia Heaven for me.

To our Colonial buddies you have missed a bit of wonderful 50's RAF History. but,....

Sometimes we have a similar situation when we try to view US stuff.

Adrian

Er

Loud music - presenter thingy? Deffo NOT.

Edited by atdb27

Made at a time when BBC presenters knew their aircraft. Unlike the BBC coverage of the Queen's review at Fairford in 2008. Appalling lack of knowledge displayed by the presenters - particularly Kate Silverton.

Even Noel Edmunds was better than that.

(Where has all the BBC aviation content gone?)