1/32 Spitfire Mk9

Ok 2nd project for to-day , this is the old Hasagawa Mk5 bought via "Pig"Flieshman over on ARC last year , he included an old Paragon Mk9 conversion - and along with that I threw in one of the new Airies Spit cockpits , and markings from Techmod , to reproduce an an aircraft depicted in Osprey's "lat War Spit Aces"..

I re scribed the fuselage , not too onerous a job , and used the engraved wings from a re-issued Revell Spit Mk1 , modified to an C wing

spit-8.jpg

spit-7.jpg

spit-3.jpg

spit-4.jpg

I know posting pics of spitfires in this forum is asking for trouble :rolleyes: , but hey I enjoyed building it ..

:lol: Unique, you say? :rofl:

Nice job of a slightly battle weary Spit. Gorra love the Spit. I think Edgar & John Aero should be forced at gun-point to write a GCSE "loving the Spitfire" to be included in the National Curriculum. ^_^

I'd go back to Adult Education just for that :wub:

Unique as not posted anywhere else on-line ..... :analintruder:

I know bud... I was just loving' the significance :lol:

On behalf of Chris, I'd like to thank you for your exclusive posting :thumbsup:

Superbly done Colin!.....weathered to perfection!!

And........it's about time we had a mainstream Spit IX kit in 1/32nd......Trumpeter! get yer fingers out!!!

Hasegawa would be cheaper (not often you get to say that about their kits, but their 1/32 warbirds are excellent value for money)