Model Alliance Tornado At War Desert Storm 1990-91

Mark M

well chapps i recieved the new sheet this morning in the post and what can i say its FAB, perfect register, not only nose art but also stencil data for 7 tonkas, + 1 italian and 2 saudi any way heres the photos 1/48

100_2160.jpg

100_2161.jpg

100_2162.jpg

100_2163.jpg

100_2164.jpg

100_2165.jpg

100_2166.jpg

my only question if the sharks teeth look a little dull compared to photos

Saw a sheet earlier this week - minus instructions - and thought then that the shark's teeth and surround to "Alarm Belle" was the wrong colour! The MA sheet has it as a dark brown colour whereas it should ba a shade of pink (from memory and the Modeldecal sheet)...I'll need to see if i can find any colour pic's.....

Saw a sheet earlier this week - minus instructions - and thought then that the shark's teeth and surround to "Alarm Belle" was the wrong colour! The MA sheet has it as a dark brown colour whereas it should ba a shade of pink (from memory and the Modeldecal sheet)...I'll need to see if i can find any colour pic's.....

im not convinced either way

Granby023.jpg

ALARM_BELLE.jpg

having now played about on photoshop, the decals (sharks mouth) is much greyer than the original photos,

decals, r=157 g=152 b=156 where as picture r=200 g=169 b=164

but saying that if you just look at the photos, its very passable, and i for one will end up using it one day

im not convinced either way

Granby023.jpg

ALARM_BELLE.jpg

Great pic's...looks like MA have used the same shade of brown for the shark's mouth and the surround to "Alarm Belle" , yet both pic's clearly show a different shade of pink....

Annoying, but shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix.....

Wasn't the shark's mouth painted in low viz roundels colours?

that what it looks like to me

have pics somewhere of the crew putting it on

seems a nice set and i like the look of the Saudi Tonka!

some were, like cherry lips, but not all see here

Granby043.jpg

im prob not going to use the saudi tonka decals at least not for a very very long while, but yes they are nice

Excellent decal sheet, just a shame that ZD790, 'D' 'Debbie' doesn'y have the final three mission markings on the rear panel behind the artwork.

The first two were from the final missions prior to the cease fire, the last one being a strafing run on an Iraqi airfield. The final mission marking depicts the sortie where one of the ITV reporters was taken on a back seat ride following cessation of hostilities.

ZD790Debbiefinalsortiemkgs.jpg

Also, this is a picture of 'Debbie' taken just a few minutes after the cessation was announced at 5:00am

ZD790Debbieafterceasefire.jpg

Here is a picture of NIKKI wearing her original name of Nora Batty. This only lasted for one day before Nikki was added instead.

NORABATTY.jpg

XVTonker :pilot:

Edited by xvtonker

Excellent decal sheet, just a shame that ZD790, 'D' 'Debbie' doesn'y have the final three mission markings on the rear panel behind the artwork.

The first two were from the final missions prior to the cease fire, the last one being a strafing run on an Iraqi airfield. The final mission marking depicts the sortie where one of the ITV reporters was taken on a back seat ride following cessation of hostilities.

ZD790Debbiefinalsortiemkgs.jpg

Also, this is a picture of 'Debbie' taken just a few minutes after the cessation was announced at 5:00am

ZD790Debbieafterceasefire.jpg

Here is a picture of NIKKI wearing her original name of Nora Batty. This only lasted for one day before Mikki was added instead.

NORABATTY.jpg

cracking photos, i think im begining to cause my self problems, i now have the buccaneer and tornado gulf sheets and want to make ALL of them!!! i need a bigger house

With respect to Alarm Belle, she was part of the Tabuk detachment as was Cherry Lips. Here is a close up of Cherry Lips taken RH & LH noseart post conflict at Bahrain. I suspect the colours would be the same as Alarm Belle.

TornadoGR1CLCherryLipslhTabukdet.jpg

TornadoGR1CLCherryLipsrhTabukdet.jpg

You might be interested in the following pics of ZA475 'P' of the Muharraq detachment with a sharkmouth added late in the conflict. Also note the bomb load of CBU-87's. These were never dropped in anger!!

TornadoGR1ZA475PTriffidAirwaysCBUs.jpg

TornadoGR1ZA475PTriffidAirways.jpg

Edited by xvtonker

I hope we'll see this sheet in 1/72 as well?

Most certainly, no?

Always loved those 2nd Gulf war Tournedos.

the sheet is out in 1/72!!!!

With respect to Alarm Belle, she was part of the Tabuk detachment as was Cherry Lips. Here is a close up of Cherry Lips taken RH & LH noseart post conflict at Bahrain. I suspect the colours would be the same as Alarm Belle.

TornadoGR1CLCherryLipslhTabukdet.jpg

TornadoGR1CLCherryLipsrhTabukdet.jpg

You might be interested in the following pics of ZA475 'P' of the Muharraq detachment with a sharkmouth added late in the conflict. Also note the bomb load of CBU-87's. These were never dropped in anger!!

TornadoGR1ZA475PTriffidAirwaysCBUs.jpg

TornadoGR1ZA475PTriffidAirways.jpg

i know what your saying about the det but they do look differnt colours, ive got several photos of both and in every one they look differnt colours, i wonder if they ran out of blue and just mixed up what they had left, i.e. blue and desert pink, i think that would thwn be about right, just guessing :undecided:

i bought this sheet at modelkraft last sunday and am very impressed with it.

the nora batty and donna ewin were new to me. i think the latter appears for the first time on a 1/72 decal sheet.

just need cherry lips which i've not seen decalled before and perhaps that one above with the CBU's underneath and i can't

think of too many missing desert storm tornados from decal sheets.

well done MA!