Emhar Mk. IV Female Tank

Maxidad

Well here we are:

basic painting and decalling done. Then a clear coat on top.

As you can see the decals didn't perform too well, despite klear case coat and Microsol/set.

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Still quite a bit to do, including the struggle with the tracks.

The decals are horrible, aren't they? It's like they're printed on transparent leather :S I managed to get mine to settle with Gunze Mr Sol (the green one), but unless you drown the thing in successive coats of Klear, you'll be hard pushed to ever make the carrier film disappear. :S

You might want to try pricking the decal with a pin/blade tip, then brush on some more decal solution to try & reduce the silvering. A couple of applications should help :)

Hi Sniper, the paint is Humbrol 155, preshaded with black, with a light spray of Hu 62.

Mike, the decals got "pricked and sliced" when applying the but it didn't make much difference. I haven't matt coated yet, so it might calm it doen a bit.

Also remeber the camera is on macro setting, it's larger in the pictures than in real life.

• 1 month later...

You're kind Mish, but despite a good start this one ain't gonna make the finishing line.

I've been battling to keep my company going, but I think it'll go belly up pretty soon. As you can imagine, I am a bit pre-occupied at the moment.