Someone Really Needs To Do A Decal Sheet For This...

Stebos

:lol: that's good. I just hope it's not a necessity because they've employed a load of morons for ground crew :dunce:

HEY!!! I'm ex ground crew and I'm not a moron..nor were most of the guys I worked with thank you.Some were partime pilots waiting for jobs in the industry to become available.When you are working with millions of dollars of high tech machinery and avionics, you employ smart and safe people...not morons!!

As for the livery...very cool,not as cool as my idea for the Virgin Blues I came up with...the one that was a joke was the one they painted.Everyone kinda looked at each other and went..." Wha the f*$k". :mental:

Lol! It won't be long I imagine.

Does anyone do a sheet for this bad boy?!

http://members.multimania.nl/douglas8/DC-8...20Calder-02.jpg

I am racking my brains but I recall seing a Piper Cheyanne(?) back in the 80's painted as a flying blueprint - can't find a picture online though.............

MH

"that's good. I just hope it's not a necessity because they've employed a load of morons for ground crew"

I think the jest was in humour, and I am sure that Mike only meant that because of all the writing on the plane the ground crew must have to read it to understand it, and I am sure it was not based on actual ground crew, you have to understand English sense of humour

Edited by kev67

"that's good. I just hope it's not a necessity because they've employed a load of morons for ground crew"

I think the jest was in humour, and I am sure that Mike only meant that because of all the writing on the plane the ground crew must have to read it to understand it, and I am sure it was not based on actual ground crew, you have to understand English sense of humour

yes indeed Kev... Although the words "I just hope" should tell the native English speaking reader what sort of sentence it makes... saying that, someone can always take offence if they feel inclined - no matter what you write. :shrug:

HEY!!! I'm ex ground crew and I'm not a moron..nor were most of the guys I worked with thank you.Some were partime pilots waiting for jobs in the industry to become available.When you are working with millions of dollars of high tech machinery and avionics, you employ smart and safe people...not morons!!

Calm down, it's called humour! (obviously slightly different in the upside down part of the world). :whistle:

You may think this decoration is a joke, but the exact same principle was used by McDonnell and the US Navy to determine how many stencils needed to be painted onto an F-4. And they weren't joking.

I'd build one :)

as for the Braniff Calder DC8, there was a sheet years ago, I think it was by Jet Set, long gone now

Does anyone do a sheet for this bad boy?!

No. It would be nearly impossible to do with decals due to the size, the cost, and the complexity. I've illustrated it, but there aren't decals anywhere in the future I'm afraid. There are maddeningly few close-up photos of the artwork on the engine nacelles anyway, and each nacelle was different from all the others, and different from side to side, giving a total of eight different nacelle themes, of which I've found usable, decent photos of only five.

J

CalderDC-8-62.jpg

Love that Kalula scheme! As an engineer I'd find it far to tempting to swap the No.1 and No.2 engine fan cowls to see how long it took the Throttle Jockeys to twig the engines are incorrectly numbered!!!! Can you imagine the tech log entry! :evil_laugh:

Eng

:lol: that's good. I just hope it's not a necessity because they've employed a load of morons for ground crew :dunce:
As an engineer I'd find it far to tempting to swap the No.1 and No.2 engine fan cowls to see how long it took the Throttle Jockeys to twig the engines are incorrectly numbered!!!! Can you imagine the tech log entry! :evil_laugh:

I rest Mike's case... :wicked: