Iain's 1:35 Mk IV "Male" Tank

Iain Ogilvie

Cheers Blimp - appreciated :)

I really enjoyed this build in the end - and may have a go at more AFVs.

Yes - the Emhar kits are very basic - and indeed crude in places - but the end result looks OK IMHO. I particularly like the plating and rivet details on the side plates - they did a good job with that.

I could have spent longer on the paint/weathering but she's finished - and I think captures the original OK.

Just bear in mind everyone that I'm a bit of a tank 'virgin' - so not up to some of the amazing standards I see online and at shows from the AFV boys....

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

:clap2: Well done Iain... they're not easy kits to put together, so congrats for breaking your armour cherry. Now try the RPM Renault FT-17 I built a while back - once you've finished that you'll look back on the Emhar plastic with fondness :lol:

Cheers Mike - I did like your Renault - bags of character! :)

Actuerly - I may have to dig out a Rolls Royce Armoured Car now - have one in the stash - RAF markings to go with a post war Brisfit :)

What I am tempted to do is take the Mk IV and do a diorama based on the pic a few pages back - with all the troops stood on board for a photo. That would get me on figures too.

What this project does prove is that it's good to break away from your comfort zones and do something different. It really is great therapy - and because I don't really know the subject is been a great relief from AMS!

EDIT - And for anyone with one of these in the stash - I wholeheartedly recommend the Accurate Armour tracks - they transform the model and are a real feature!

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

ICM do WWI Tommies, but they're in a fighting stance. You'll probably have to do a lot of hunting around for some suitable poses, and adjust the figures to reflect the appropriate era... a big job, but satisfying :)

Oh, if you ever need a spare set of WWI Boche, I accidentally bought 2 sets :doh: