Royal Navy Cab

Dads203

It's been a while since I cut any plastic, so monday night I decided

to have a bash at something a bit different.

This is first 72nd scale kit I've started in over 20 years, I was at first going to finish some of the backlog

of kits that adorn my modelling room but couldn't pull myself away from this little gem.

The detail is very good and the fit so far is faultless.

So here's the work so far, not much AM will be used just the Pavla BERP blades which HB seem to have forgotten about, now I'm not too

clued up on the Naval version of the Lynx so feel free to point out what needs to be changed. I feel that the side sponsons are not correct

for this version? I've corrected the main rotor mast by reducing the height by 2mm.

CIMG0196.jpg

CIMG0199.jpg

CIMG0200.jpg

CIMG0197.jpg

CIMG0198.jpg

CIMG0201.jpg

Next step is too add a bit more detail to the main cabin. and get some painting done of the insides.

Regards

Dan

Nice to see you back to modelling Dan, but I hate to point this out at a critical moment, it's a helicopter. :analintruder:

Seriously it's good to see you back fettling the old plastic, and as always looking to see what magic you'll weave.

rich

Cheers Rich, now that I'm back home working i'll hopefully finish something !!

:shrug:

Dan matey

The back wall should be flat... the recess is covered with the sound proofing/padding

I wasn't sure OzH, then you sent me the link to your phots !! Some remedial work tomorrow night I think just

to put it right. I've just been going though the pix and it seems that the sponsons in the kit are the early type, so

I'll have a crack of putting those right as well.

Cheers

Dan

Looks good Dan - did you have any trouble making the Magic Sculp stick to the plastic, or was that just me being over-zealous with the talc during the rolling process?