The Britmodeller Great War Group Build

ollieholmes

I'm going to be brave and attempt the Airfix HP 0/400. I've had a couple of these in the stash for a few years and the GB has given me the KUTA I needed to give this a go.

Should be able to make a start this week.

Wish me luck - I think I might need it.

Is there any problems if my build report include both those kits?

06910.jpg

img_1130.jpg

It's something I want to try since quite some time, building two kits in tandem.

I was thinking at first about the same kit, but those two fokkers are quite similar.

If the Gods are with me, I think that I can start this week-end, hopefully.

Anyway, I really need to build a "new" kit at the moment, and forget the half-started boxes for a time, if I really want to beat the 7 kits build / year from 2009.

Verdict?

Is there any problems if my build report include both those kits?

06910.jpg

img_1130.jpg

It's something I want to try since quite some time, building two kits in tandem.

I was thinking at first about the same kit, but those two fokkers are quite similar.

If the Gods are with me, I think that I can start this week-end, hopefully.

Anyway, I really need to build a "new" kit at the moment, and forget the half-started boxes for a time, if I really want to beat the 7 kits build / year from 2009.

Verdict?

Are you building the Dr.1 in the Boxtop scheme? Will look nice if so - something about that streaky camo that looks very warlike....

Thanks.

Are you building the Dr.1 in the Boxtop scheme? Will look nice if so - something about that streaky camo that looks very warlike....

It's not exactly a camo, but the fabric.

And no, I'll not use the box option, I'll go for montex masks:

K48066.jpg

Rudolf Klimke's aircraft, from jasta 27.

• 4 weeks later...
Can I play?

I'm REALLY going to try and get at least one kit done during a GB. My previous attempts have started well, and then stopped dead.

I'm going to build this, strictly OOB, no arsing about with add-ons, as an attempt to cure my modelling doldrums.

DVIlargeBoxArt.jpg

Cheers,

Nick

Missed this one - sorry...!! :whistle:

No problems at all - but the colour scheme looks like it might send my brain on fire....

I've ordered a 1/32 Hobbycraft Sopwith Camel 'Le Rhone', can I provisionally enter this in the GB as well? Won't guarentee to get it finished though.

Please do - plenty of time left to go. Will look forward to seeing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Oo, Oo, me too please,

I've finally bitten the bullet and dug out my Eduard 'dogbox' as a friend of mine refers to the Fokker DVVII, and would like to put it in.

Fraser

Oo, Oo, me too please,

I've finally bitten the bullet and dug out my Eduard 'dogbox' as a friend of mine refers to the Fokker DVVII, and would like to put it in.

Fraser

Fraser,

Please do join in. We still have some time left to run on this one so im happy to accept more entries. My builds stalled for a bit now so im going to be a late finisher.

• 1 month later...

Only one month left...

Can I still play?

I am REALLY going to try get my stalled build at ARC Forum's Knights of the Sky GB from last year restarted.

My virgin attempt at a WWI string bag had started well, I enjoyed building the 1/32 Academy Nieuport 17 (probably too much...intention to OOB quickly became OTT), out of stream and stopped dead way before the dateline.

This is where it got to on 22nd August, 2009 before the bits got packed up and forgotten.

IMG_5942.jpg

I'd say the kit is pretty much still in its component form. What do you think?

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by tropical thistle

I recently (about 3 weeks ago) finished my Emhar 1/35th MkIV Female based on this photo:

MkIVC4(M).jpg

3rdBnRTCMkIVFemale(4).JPG

As I'm retired I tend to spend a good few hours of the day on my hobby/passion so this one was finished in about 2 weeks, including waiting time for the fuel cans and chain.

Having never done anything for a GB I'm very unclear on the rules, etiquette etc so is it OK if I enter this kit?

I recently (about 3 weeks ago) finished my Emhar 1/35th MkIV Female based on this photo:

MkIVC4(M).jpg

As I'm retired I tend to spend a good few hours of the day on my hobby/passion so this one was finished in about 2 weeks, including waiting time for the fuel cans and chain.

Having never done anything for a GB I'm very unclear on the rules, etiquette etc so is it OK if I enter this kit?

Hi - Welcome in - I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be accepted. It's a good example photo too - despite some opinions, I think that Emhar kit is very representative of the original, and your reference photo in comparison with the model bears that out quite well.

I Like it! Got the sheer mass of the beast well portrayed.

Fraser

P.S. Just needs a really muddy dio base, dead trees, craters.... ;)

Edited by seadog

MkIVC4(M).jpg

Ivan - I'm just putting out your request to join this GB to the rest of the builders. The other threads demonstrate kits in process of construction, whilst you've given us the finished article - and very nice it is too, although I would echo the sentiment that it would suit a diorama very well..

Are there any of the WWI Group Builders out there who would not be content for this model to be part of the GB or the final competitions? Any respectful notes or caveats or other problems anyone might wish to highlight?

If there are no legitimate objections by - say - friday 11 june - then we'll take that as tacit approval.

Have a good weekend, all.