The Britmodeller Great War Group Build

ollieholmes

Nice banner Robert - can you constrain the height to 200 pixels though please, as it tends to annoy some of the members having to scroll through long banners.

Thanks for the kind words guys

Nice banner Robert - can you constrain the height to 200 pixels though please, as it tends to annoy some of the members having to scroll through long banners.
In that case, I think it's OK for height - 235w x 200h

Let me know if you are seeing anything different Mike, thanks

In that case, I think it's OK for height - 235w x 200h

Let me know if you are seeing anything different Mike, thanks

I think I'm just tired Robert... probably switched the proportions in my head :wacko:

rightyho chaps , time for a Sopwith tabby , and i'll even try a Morane saulnier L as well - and no plastic , well not much , will be hurt in the process

[/left]002-36.jpg
and , er , there won't be much of this Morane kit either , i feel a brass 'stripdown' coming on . . . .
Edited by blimp

Hi - Welcome to the GB - That kit will be just fine. Getting a bit old but it goes together OK, and there's not a lot you really need to worry about with it.

That's me in then, think I'm going to make a base as well, give me a reason to use my new router.

Dan

Hey, dont forget me! :P

Expressed interest in the original thread, and thanks to being able to leave work an hour early to stop off at the model shop, i'm in with my originally intended model.

Revell 1/24 Fokker Dr.1 , in the Red Baron's colours :)

Going to finish off the Hurricane first, but should be starting this one in the coming week

Edited by n.vodden

Members enterd - intended entry

Ollieholmes - Eduard Red Baron Duo or maybe a Bristol F2B

NickT - Eduard 1:48 Fokker DR1

The Velociweiler - 1:200 Scratch built HMS Queenn Mary Battle Cruiser and Emhar 1\72 Mk IV Tank Diorama

mahross - 54mm Captain Lanoe George Hawker, DSO, VC

MadNurseGaz - Toko/Roden 1/72 Hansa-Brandenburg W29 floatplane and Emhar's 1/72 MkIV "female" Tank

Mish - Emhar's 1/72 MkIV "female" Tank

Daniel - Airfix 1:72 WWI male tank

Erwin - Revell 1:28 Fokker DVIIhttp://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43226&st=0

gcn - Wingnut Wings 1:32 SE5A

Mike - RPM 1:35 French Renault FT-17 Tank

Bobs Buckles - Roden 1:32 Fokker DR1

Robert Stuart - Wingnut Wings 1:32 Bristol Fighter

T-Tango - Roden 1:32 SE5A

blimp - MilResin 1:72 Sopwith Tabloid, Ardpol 1:72 Morane L

n.vodden - Revell 1:24 Fokker DR1 in the Red Barons markings

My SE5a doesn't seem to be on the list - I'm also going shopping today so I may come backwith another entry :winkgrin: . Is there a "last orders" date for entries, or can we submit any time during the build?

Hey, dont forget me! :P

Expressed interest in the original thread, and thanks to being able to leave work an hour early to stop off at the model shop, i'm in with my originally intended model.

Revell 1/24 Fokker Dr.1 , in the Red Baron's colours :)

Going to finish off the Hurricane first, but should be starting this one in the coming week

OOOps!!Sorry about that - if we've missed anyone else, please stick with it and let us know. It's your GB after all and we're just learning the rigging at moderating, so to speak. Welcome to the GB. Your trench is over there, your bunk is the one with the dead rat on it, and we're expecting a bombardment in the morning....!

My SE5a doesn't seem to be on the list - I'm also going shopping today so I may come backwith another entry :winkgrin: . Is there a "last orders" date for entries, or can we submit any time during the build?

Thanks for asking, - will get back to you on that.

I know that I'm already participating in a GB, and that I'll most certainly not finish it in time (MiG-31), but as the time frame for this one is long enough for me, and as I've planned anyway two build two Great war subject in 2010, I'd like to participate with this one:

06910.jpg

Fokker E.V Eduard 1/48

If its ok, I'll start my topic ASAP with a box review.

:hobbyhorse:

Edited by Antoine

I know that I'm already participating in a GB, and that I'll most certainly not finish it in time (MiG-31), but as the time frame for this one is long enough for me, and as I've planned anyway two build two Great war subject in 2010, I'd like to participate with this one:

06910.jpg

Fokker E.V Eduard 1/48

If its ok, I'll start my topic ASAP with a box review.

:hobbyhorse:

A review sounds fine to me as long as it doesnt cause and trouble for mike with it not being in the review section.

Ive updated the main list, please let me know if i have missed you off.

Hi - thanks for waiting.

We'll allow in any newcomers or additional entries for this GB until an appropriate period before the end. Probably as time wears on we'll highlight on the thread that time is pressing and if there's a desire to get another model on the go, that will be the time to announce it.

Ok, ok, count me in with a Roden 1/32 Viper SE5A, waiting for the kit to arrive.

Let us know when it comes, I'd be interested in hearing more about this one.

I will probably regret this, but I´m in with a Copper State Models RAF SE5 in 1/48. :)

I don't think I've ever heard of them, have they been around long?

I don't think I've ever heard of them, have they been around long?

Copper State Models has been around for a while I think. It´s a full resin kit, that I bought many moons ago. It´s still the only SE5 out there, and it comes in two versions, late, which looks a lot like a SE5a, and the early, with glassed cockpit. I intend to build the early one, since I´ve never seen it built.

Do you really think he'll loose sleep???

:rolleyes:

:sleep_1:

OK - time for a change...

I'm in with an Emhar 1:35 Mk IV "Male".

And Mikes earlier build :)

Iain

Bless :blush: I've got a shedload of pics, so if you need anything, just holler ;)

Copper State Models has been around for a while I think. It´s a full resin kit, that I bought many moons ago. It´s still the only SE5 out there, and it comes in two versions, late, which looks a lot like a SE5a, and the early, with glassed cockpit. I intend to build the early one, since I´ve never seen it built.

That sounds interesting. A friend of mine long ago was telling me about these early cockpit machines so it would be interesting to see one built. In any case, I think the SE5 is the nicest-looking British fighter of the war, so they're always welcome additions from my angle. Fokker DVIII is my favourite German machine.

That sounds interesting. A friend of mine long ago was telling me about these early cockpit machines so it would be interesting to see one built. In any case, I think the SE5 is the nicest-looking British fighter of the war, so they're always welcome additions from my angle. Fokker DVIII is my favourite German machine.

My favorite is probably the Pup on the allied side, and the Pfalz D.III on the axis. Very different, but they have a quite clean look in common.

I am assuming this is the right GB..........

I would like to register my intention to build a Fokker DR.1 if I may...

WW1GB04.jpg

WW1GB08.jpg

I think The Red Baron will be over subscribed so will attempt the alternative Ltn. August Raben Jastaführer of Jasta 18

WW1GB11.jpg