70th Anniversary BoB Build?

atdb27

I guess most of us are so focused on Spitfires and Hurricanes when it come down to BoB as those are the only ones seens in movies.

Mainly because they are the only types still flying to be used in movies.

We have been brain-washed all these years !!

I've voted for All BoB Participants. Shirley the strength of these GB's, is the diversity they can generate within the specified topic. Limiting it in either direction would stifle the range of entries, IMHO. Bit like having a Gulf War Armour GB, and saying no Abrams or Challengers. Having said all that, happy to go with the flow, got a Roden Gladiator to do as well. :thumbsup2:

As far as I'm concerned, anything that helped the war effort on either side for and during the BoB is fine with me.

Personally I'll be starting with a Tamiya Spitfire as i'm now concentrating on 1/48 and I haven't built a 1/48 Spitfire yet.

And if I can get one I'll be doing a 1/48 Hasegawa Hurricane after that!

If there are more front-line types that I forgot,please add them .

What about the Regia Aeronautica ??

Fiat G-50

Fiat CR-42

Fiat BR-20

CRDA Cant Z-1007.

May i join in??

i have JUST done a couple of Pre BoB Spitfire,& Hurricane,for the MK Show,so "Yea",or "Nay" ??

And am now about to do BoB,proper.......

Cheers,Bazza.

will do when the poll has been decided Erwin

will try and get it sorted sooner rather than later so peeps can sort out the build of choice

looks like the exclusion of front line types is out of the frame

has everybody who has expressed an interest voted yet please?

if you haven't- waddaya waitin' for? :whip:

The Whirlwind is on the borderline

236 Sqn received insufficient numbers and only became operational in December 1940

However 136 Sqn became operational with Whirlwinds in September, so may well just squeeze in to the frame.

From what I can find, the whirlwind is no officially credited as being a BoB aircraft

In that case I better build this...

spitfire_mk1_box_640x480.jpg

I already decided on a RAF subject for the GB.

But I would like to see a list of possible Luftwaffe subjects . There's a big convention next month.I need to make my shopping-list.

Hi Erwin

If Mish can confirm/dispute will amend accordingly.

Bf109E-1/3/4

Bf110C/D

Ju87 B B-1 B-2

Ju88A A-1 A-5

He111 H H-1/2/3/4 P

Do17M P U Z-2 Z-3

Do215

other types involved

Arado 196A

Do18

Do24

He59

He115

Fw200

Again this is unofficial as we haven't had chance to finalise what is to be included . Apologies Mish hope haven't been presumptive in posting the list.

Edited by walrus

Hi Hazza

will have to be a Spit mate

not considered the GB regs yet but am assuming BoB participants only are going to be eligible

i have only just realised how stupid i have been, just looked at the box and BOB what an idiot :o