Sd.Kfz.101 Pz I Ausf A

smuts

Hi guys, got this from parabellum yesterday so while I'm waiting for replacement tracks for my panther (thanks Richard) I'll get going with this

Tristars very nice Pz I Ausf A , kit has a full interior + etch & two sheets of cartograf decals both early & late variants can be built OOB

box art.......

100_0292.jpg

whats in the box......

100_0296.jpg

needless to say every hatch will be open

Andy.

Hi guys.

What's German for "Who farted?" ^_^

:rolleyes::tease:

hull sides built up & fighting compartment 90% done, sprayed with Tamiya XF-9 for the floor/primer & WEM ARG01, transmission in xtracolour 410...

100_0117_2-1.jpg

100_0118_2-1.jpg

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, hull & engine compartments done weathered with Tamiya sets A,C & D

100_0124.jpg

100_0125.jpg

where's it all gone......

100_0126.jpg

Good progress so far, looking very good, the thing that surprised me about these tanks was how small they were.

next to Dragons Panther G...

100_0127-3.jpg

now for the tracks....

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, turret built up & sprayed..

100_0123-5.jpg

100_0124-5.jpg

assembled & sprayed XF-63, started fitting the pioneer tools..

100_0125-5.jpg

nice one andy ! - will you be doing 'Lt. Gruber' as well ? :shoot:

that naughty Renee has stood him up again :analintruder:

Andy.

Hi guys, ta for the compliments..

It's looking nice - how's it stack up against the Masterbox and Dragon kits?

Hi Mike, don't know about the Masterbox I've never built one of their kits but its definitely up there with Dragon & Tamiya for detail/fit & build quality, the engine & transmission are as good as resin AM parts only a few niggles Tristar use slide mold tooling like Dragon yet they've left the MG's solid as well as the exhausts :confused:. One thing thats a shame with a full interior is that the vision blocks have no hing detail(unlike Dragons new kits) so they can't be posed open, but I'll recommend Tristar to anyone I'm goin to pick up either the Gepard or Marder III tomorrow at Crew (maybe both :wicked:)

great kits :thumbsup2: .

looking good so far, have you abandoned the DAK idea?

Hi Deon, yeah I've got three DAK armour books & they only show the command version not the gun tank (if you can call it that) in use so they must have been either very rare or quickly withdrawn from the front line order of battle, had a quick look on afrikakorps.org the same.

Andy.

Hi guys,decals on...all 4 of em & matted down with AV-Air matt, just added a spare road wheel as seen on most pics & a coil of wire off the head light....

100_0127-4.jpg

100_0128-4.jpg

100_0129-3.jpg

now the fun part starts.

Andy.

Job done :frantic: running gear/lower hull weathered with MiG Russian earth & highlighted with Tamiya set E grey , upper hull with Tamiya sets A-E.

100_0130-5.jpg

100_0132-5.jpg

100_0133-2.jpg

I'll post the rest in the gallery.

Andy.

• 1 month later...