Valom news: HP Harrow/Sparrow

Test Graham

Oooh, slapped wrist! I believe that you are misinterpreting a fair comment and this discussion has been stretched out to unnecessary length.

Looking back, I see that I said almost exactly the same thing on the very first line of my very first posting in this thread. To make it clear, I have nothing to do with Valom and only have two of their kits. I believe it is perfectly clear in context that the reference is not that everyone must buy a Bombay: it is directed at people who want a Harrow. Given the similarity of the two types, if the Bombay doesn't sell the chance of ever getting the Harrow will be reduced, so they stand to benefit from buying a Bombay to ensure its success. This still seems fair comment - I'll live with the risk, personally.

I believe it is perfectly clear in context that the reference is not that everyone must buy a Bombay: it is directed at people who want a Harrow. Given the similarity of the two types, if the Bombay doesn't sell the chance of ever getting the Harrow will be reduced, so they stand to benefit from buying a Bombay to ensure its success. This still seems fair comment - I'll live with the risk, personally.

For what my input may be worth, the above is probably an accurate assessment. My impression is that Vaclav Lomitzki (Mr Valom) is a pretty astute businessman. I hate to admit this, but during the course of my pleading throughout the kit-manufacturing industry for a 1/72 Yak-1b, one of the few replies I got was from Vaclav, and his reply was "No". Sad to say, I don't think his series of Yak-7's sold as well as he (and I - Heaven knows I bought more than my share to try to help things along) would have liked...

John

Quite simply Shane I am objecting to an attitude that I am obligated to buy a product and this objection is something I am perfectly entitled to do. The initial message's phrasing is possibly someone who lacks a native skill in English but equally could well be someone connected with Valom.

Sorry mate. It was actually you who seemed to me to have a less than iron grip on the English language.

However, Shane I am puzzled why someone should try and persuade others to buy Valom - you might not be but then your posts betray a certain complacency. That is your perogative but it is also my right to comment on a point as I see it. You would do well to remember this. I now await Coops confirmation one way or the other.

Yes, well, I'm entirely complacent, because I've rarely ever been shipwrecked by a storm in a teacup. Storm away!

Shane