IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Mish has kindly allowed the Group Build to be extended until Sunday 28th February

To be fair to those that have already finished, and those who have been working really hard to finish, the original deadline will stand for the award of prizes.

I hope that this will be acceptable to all.

Some people have had problems with working due to the cold weather, and various personal issues have cropped up to intervene with others.

Hopefully what is shaping up to be an excellent set of galleries will now be even better.

thank you all for your efforts of late and i hope the group build continues to be as enjoyable for you as it is for me.

and there is going to be a booby prize for some poor sap who doesn't make the gallery by 31st Jan :evil_laugh:

Great !

There's a convention tomorrow in Belgium. I will look out for a nice subject.

You might recall that I started the Revell Beriev at the beginning of the GB. It sadly didn't go as I wanted so it ended up as a toy for a youngster.

Edited by Erwin

TBA Erwin and would be great to have you back in the GB :D

was a pity about the Beriev- nice subject

that is the next job :frantic:

I can announce that the laggards will be in with a chance of winning the wonderful Academy 1/48 Mirage IIIR

as a taster- the pilot and cockpit tub

pilot3.jpg

Edited by walrus

I can announce that the laggards will be in with a chance of winning the wonderful Academy 1/48 Mirage IIIR

Cheers Chairman W.

Just cancelled my appearance at church tomorrow so I can finish my build.

Don't really want to run the risk of winning the Mirage (already have one in the stash you see......)

Edited by mitchem

Yes this indeed is good news komrads, glad to see the party leadership has extended the capatalistic deadline to something much more communist inspired, ie delayed!!....gives me a chance to break the new airbrush in and restock on Alclads at MK and Huddersfield :whistle: ....as a reward to the hierachy I might just bung another one into the mix, (small but perfectly formed, bit like Lady M really!!!)...

Edited by general melchett

I reckon Stebos should be eligible for prizes regardless of when he finishes it.....I mean, look at what he's building! :analintruder:

I should have one platoon for the original deadline and I might just manage another for the extended deadline.....Photos of one sort or another should be forthcoming soon. :frantic:

All the best

Andy S.

hehe

you ain't wrong Andy

all that filling + Corrugations :yikes:

hopefully Steve will get her done, without rushing, in time anyway ;):pray:

On the subject of prizes

any donations will be gratefully accepted

still trying to figure out what i can spare from the stash that won't offend by the general naffness of kit - it's a bit of a headache to be honest

will hopefully force my self to part with sommut worthwhile

also i have a Platikit 1/100 Tu-95 but sadly lacks the canopy

if there is anyone who will be likely to build it send me a pm please

i am trying to keep the scale consistent and it is the only 1/100 kit in the stash- will probably never build it

thought would offer the GB members first pot

• 3 weeks later...

How is it going you laggards what failed miserably to hit production targets and finish on time? :whip:

okay this is hard but is confession time and with regret and in deep disgrace am not going to finish one build, even with the extention.

simply due to lack of energy and concentration levels not being sufficient. It is very embarrassing and above all very frustrating.

I know from experience that if i try to build when like this i end up making mistakes that take all my time to put right again.

Any way hope you guys are fairing better and are getting near completion. Look forward to seeing updateds with envy :weep:

How is it going you laggards what failed miserably to hit production targets and finish on time? :whip:

okay this is hard but is confession time and with regret and in deep disgrace am not going to finish one build, even with the extention.

simply due to lack of energy and concentration levels not being sufficient. It is very embarrassing and above all very frustrating.

I know from experience that if i try to build when like this i end up making mistakes that take all my time to put right again.

Any way hope you guys are fairing better and are getting near completion. Look forward to seeing updateds with envy :weep:

Comrade Chairman, your lack of foresight is unforgiveable - you should have roped in a couple of peasants to finish the builds for you - that is what your power & status within the party is for!!

Seriously though, I know just how you feel & I was lucky to have a couple of good weeks in the run up to the end of the GB. Since then I've also been feeling worse again, & the Tiger Moth that I'm supposed to be building for the housebound ex-RAF bod is going at a snails pace in comparison - I haven't been able to do more than about 2 hours in 2 weeks! And I empathise completely with the frustration bit, having all this time & not being able to use it is the exact definition of frustration - but don't be embarrassed in the slightest - there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!

Hang in there & show us the Hurri's when you do manage to get them done!

Take care

Keith

Thanks Keith

have been taking my frustration out on various materials with a mini tool to make some warhammer landscape for the kids at the library

doesn't need too much thought. Although forgetting to put safety goggles on means my eyes are still sore!

but that sort of sums it up- keep doing daft things which I would rather not do on the kits. Am bad enough when my brain functions at maximum! :fool:

hope you get to feel better soon so take care yourself mate! ;)