Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

Hi

First, let me wish everyone a Happy New Year.

I am finally able to load photos of the engine's build on Britmodeller again.

The engine is 95% done with the building, I will work on cables and hoses next then on to painting.

Oliver

062_zpsb30b1253.jpg

087-1_zps5c556d57.jpg

093_zps31d25d9e.jpg

101-1_zps54f05e5a.jpg

104-1_zpscdbfb05d.jpg

005-42_zpsd70163b0.jpg

014-19_zpsd26eec8f.jpg

019-9_zpsa3bf5aca.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 1

I was trying to put my finger on exactly why I love your models so much Oliver. I think it is because your method of construction means that the parts are so much more realistic than the usual product of injection moulding, resin casting and/or photo etch. Your engine has cavities between components that simply couldn't be moulded cheaply and your surface detail varies in thickness in a way that PE cannot. Combined with the almost fetishistic neatness of your work (- I mean that in a nice way) and apparently huge reserves of patience, the end result is simply superb. You set the bar at a height that few (and I'm certainly not one of them) can even approach.

The limit of my patience is to watch and learn as this masterpiece slowly but surely comes together. Please will you tackle a large scale Harrier next?

Kirk

I was trying to put my finger on exactly why I love your models so much Oliver. I think it is because your method of construction means that the parts are so much more realistic than the usual product of injection moulding, resin casting and/or photo etch. Your engine has cavities between components that simply couldn't be moulded cheaply and your surface detail varies in thickness in a way that PE cannot. Combined with the almost fetishistic neatness of your work (- I mean that in a nice way) and apparently huge reserves of patience, the end result is simply superb. You set the bar at a height that few (and I'm certainly not one of them) can even approach.

The limit of my patience is to watch and learn as this masterpiece slowly but surely comes together. Please will you tackle a large scale Harrier next?

Kirk

Kirk

I must say you made my day with your post. Its always nice to hear that someone enjoys ones work.

Id love to do a Harrier but I am waiting for either the H34 from Trumpeter or Dolphin in 1/35 scale.

I am pushing for the Huey build to be done.

As far as patience....Its more a visual thing for me , If I cant see it in my head I cant build it regardless of the photo ref.....I hope this makes sense.

Anyway. thanks again for taking the time to take a look at the build.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

It's always nice to see how you're progressing with your Huey's build.

Even though, I have a lot of models waiting (patiently) to be finished; even though, I have build 2 decades ago, the Revell's 1/32 Huey, which by the way, doesn't contain the Helicopter's engine (so it has to be made from scratch); every time I see your build I keep saying to myself that perhaps this is the time to try and re-build it, by following your work as a guide.

Keep up the good work mate. Fantastic as always!!

Cheers

Sernak

Hi Oliver,

It's always nice to see how you're progressing with your Huey's build.

Even though, I have a lot of models waiting (patiently) to be finished; even though, I have build 2 decades ago, the Revell's 1/32 Huey, which by the way, doesn't contain the Helicopter's engine (so it has to be made from scratch); every time I see your build I keep saying to myself that perhaps this is the time to try and re-build it, by following your work as a guide.

Keep up the good work mate. Fantastic as always!!

Cheers

Sernak

Glad to hear u like the build.

I did build the 1/32 Revell too many moons ago. The engine I building is for a "C" model, I believe the Revel kit is a "D" or "N" model. The engine parts might a little bit different. Id  do reseach on it.

There is a guy on ARC in the helo forum under Rotorwash that a bunch of great photos of the D model.

In any case if I can be of any help, dont hesitate to ask

Good luck and get cracking mister.

Oliver