Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

Hi Oliver

Loving this build. I have been following this here and on the ARC forum. If you don't mind I will use your build

as a reference for my rebuild of my Revell 1/32 Huey, this is the 80s one.

Can I ask where you get your reference pics from. Do you know of a good online source

as I'm looking for some good pics of the rotor assembly and blades as I need to scratch

these parts for my Huey.

James

Hi Oliver

Loving this build. I have been following this here and on the ARC forum. If you don't mind I will use your build

as a reference for my rebuild of my Revell 1/32 Huey, this is the 80s one.

Can I ask where you get your reference pics from. Do you know of a good online source

as I'm looking for some good pics of the rotor assembly and blades as I need to scratch

these parts for my Huey.

James

Hi James

Glad to hear u like the build. Please be my guest and take what u need from my build.

80s Revell Huey, thats a rare kit to have.If I recall right the nose needs a little work but evrything else if perfect.

I get most of my Ref. from Rotorwash on ARC. Send him a message and mention my name to him.

Theres is also a fantastic research CD available from Werners Wings on short and long bodied Hueys.

In any case good luck and please post photos. If I can be of any further help feel free to ask.

I did build an exact replica of the rotor mast and controls for my Huey. I posted a lot of photos on ARC of that build.

Oliver

This may help.

medevachuey1344.jpg

medevachuey1413.jpg

medevachuey1438.jpg

medevachuey1383.jpg

046.jpg

medevachuey1404.jpg

Edited by shark 64

How on earth do you do it! It is incredible stuff and almost wants to make me weep that that kind of skill is so far beyond me

Hi Nick.

Skills come with pratice. I still have the first model I made when I got back into modelling...Talked about a Frankenstein model.

Just keep at it...There isnt anything you cant do with patience and patience....did I say mention patience.

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Update coming up soon. I finished repainting the new base.I like it better now.

Oliver

Hi Nick.

Skills come with pratice. I still have the first model I made when I got back into modelling...Talked about a Frankenstein model

Piccies please....

Hi Guys

The painting of the base is done.

Now I got to create sand so it looks real...Never done sand so back to the learning curve.

Hope you guys like the second base.

Oliver

005-29.jpg

030-4.jpg

036-1.jpg

039.jpg

044.jpg

045-1.jpg

046-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

The old and the new base side to side

027-5.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work Oliver. Regarding the sand, here's what I would try first. Get some real sand, shouldn't be too difficult in your part of the world, then pass it through a sieve. Most of the sand will be caught in the sieve but a fine sandy dust should pass through it and it is this dust is what I would try using, attached to the base with PVA glue so you can just wash it off if it doesn't work.

Martin

Edited by martin hale

Regarding the old base,

please sent air freight to

Robert Worth

xx, xxxx, xxxx

xxxx,

xxxx

NExx xxx

lol...

that is stunning - dare I ask 2 things

1) how big is it?

2) where you gonna put it when it is fixed?

This model looks better every time I see it.

I use crushed fullers earth cat litter as a good representation of sand.

Here's a base I'm making for my 1:35 Crusader diorama. Hope it gives you some ideas.

BaseCloseUp.jpg

Regards,

Mark

Hi Oliver, if your looking for sand which is scale, look no further than the gutter in the street right outside your house. The sand/grit migrates to the gutter and is easily swept up with a 3" paint brush and a small box (or brush and dustpan if the wife isn't watching). To get it to adhere to the base spread white glue, then sprinkle a generous layer of sand and then leave overnight to dry. An alternative which is more durable is to use clear household varnish, brush on a thin coat apply sand as before (don't be affraid to heap on too much), again leave overnight and then tip off the excess.

If you collect the sand after it has rained you get more , just lay it on newspaper for a couple of days to dry out. If you collect from different parts of your town, you get different colours. I store it in old coffee tins.

Hope this helps.

Colin on the Africa Station

Hi Oliver

I will search online for some of this ellusive "patience" of which you speak and then practice with it but, in the meantime, would it be possible to see a selection of the tools you use to do such fine bending, cutting, holding, placing, measuring, conjuring etc? Whilst I don't quite have sausages for fingers I do struggle with tiny bits!

Thanks in advance and keep up the splendid work - that base, along with everything you do, is first class!

Hi Nick.

Skills come with pratice. I still have the first model I made when I got back into modelling...Talked about a Frankenstein model.

Just keep at it...There isnt anything you cant do with patience and patience....did I say mention patience.

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Update coming up soon. I finished repainting the new base.I like it better now.

Oliver

Hi Oliver

I will search online for some of this ellusive "patience" of which you speak and then practice with it but, in the meantime, would it be possible to see a selection of the tools you use to do such fine bending, cutting, holding, placing, measuring, conjuring etc? Whilst I don't quite have sausages for fingers I do struggle with tiny bits!

Thanks in advance and keep up the splendid work - that base, along with everything you do, is first class!

Hi Nick

Ill post a photo tomorrow of the tools I mostly use. My main tool is my head first, my hands then I use the tools.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

Nice work Oliver! I don't fancy your supper though!

Martin

Hi Martin

My wife 's cooking.???....well, lets leave it at that.

Oliver

006-29.jpg

007-32.jpg

017-15.jpg

019-8.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 1

That is quite superb. If I hadn't read the last few posts I would swear that was a picture from Google Earth!

Please forgive me for asking but something has been bothering me for a while. I know I am bordering on heresy and I mean no criticism, but wouldn't maintenance of the level you are depecting been carried out in a hanger rather than in the open?

Brian

That is quite superb. If I hadn't read the last few posts I would swear that was a picture from Google Earth!

Please forgive me for asking but something has been bothering me for a while. I know I am bordering on heresy and I mean no criticism, but wouldn't maintenance of the level you are depecting been carried out in a hanger rather than in the open?

Brian

I suspect that hangars left standing in Kuwait in 1991 might have been at a premium, So, while such deep maintainance would idealy have been carried out indoors, it might not have been possible in the prevailing circumstances.

Lovely base Oliver!