Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

This thread is a bit like great sex: I can't wait for the end result, but at the same time, I want it to last forever!

This thread is a bit like great sex: I can't wait for the end result, but at the same time, I want it to last forever!

Never thought the Huey build would remind anyone about sex but I get it...makes perfect sense.

Its time for this build to be done cause four years is too long.

Here's the first look of the painted battery cart( not quite done).

Also added second set of steps.

Oliver

009-24.jpg

011-23.jpg

001-41.jpg

thanks guys im in Texas this week for research in my screenplay. be back in Los Angeles next week. i painted part of the scafolding before i left so it should be plenty dry when i get back and ready for more paint coats

Thank again for following.

oliver

thanks guys.

Im in Texas this week for research on my screenplay. be back in Los Angeles next week. i painted part of the scafolding before i left so it should be plenty dry when i get back and ready for more paint coats

Thank again for following.

oliver

Lovely stuff Oliver, one day I'd like to think I might be able to paint something like that, fantastic!

BTW appologies if you've already told us but what's your screenplay about?

Si.

Hi Oliver, just plugged into your build thread, there is some serious modelling going on here. I do like the engine and the ground equipment is surly going to add to the overall model. Keep it coming.

Colin on the Africa Station

Lovely stuff Oliver, one day I'd like to think I might be able to paint something like that, fantastic!

BTW appologies if you've already told us but what's your screenplay about?

Si.

Thanks. all i can say about the screenplay is WW2 story about stateside pilots.its an incredible story that has never been told before....all i can say right now.

Hi Guys

I painted the first scalfolding since the other is still in construction. I am not so sure that the yellow scalfolding will be in the final dio, Howevr I do know that the tail rotor scalfolding will be in the final dio. I believe it looks to crowded with both....something is off to me. You be the judge.

Oliver

003-32.jpg

004-33.jpg

007-30.jpg

009-26.jpg

015-16.jpg

018-9.jpg

017-14.jpg

No Oliver. I think you have to have both sets of scaffolding in place. After all the dio is depicting an engine change and you would expect to some sort of scaffoding around that part of the airframe. How are the guys going to work on the thing otherwise? Also remember that, as this is suposed to be on a carrier things will be a bit cramped, they are not the most spacious of places all said and done, even the super carriers. If you really think things look too crowded, I think for realism's sake you have to take another look at the size of the base. Sorry I know you didn't want to hear that but I can't help but think that you will be much more upset if you get it wrong now after so much hard work.

Martin

No Oliver. I think you have to have both sets of scaffolding in place. After all the dio is depicting an engine change and you would expect to some sort of scaffoding around that part of the airframe. How are the guys going to work on the thing otherwise? Also remember that, as this is suposed to be on a carrier things will be a bit cramped, they are not the most spacious of places all said and done, even the super carriers. If you really think things look too crowded, I think for realism's sake you have to take another look at the size of the base. Sorry I know you didn't want to hear that but I can't help but think that you will be much more upset if you get it wrong now after so much hard work.

Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks so much for your input. I do value your expertise. I will consider your comments. Thank you.

Oliver

Been a while since I've been able to check-in on this thread.

Things have certainly moved-on. I'm not going to re-hash what everybody else here has said, I'll simply reiterate what I've said a couple of times before. The quality of work, the presentation of the pics and the narrative all demand to be turned into a mag article... But you probably knew I was going to say that (again) !!

Ian

Hi Guys

I painted the first scalfolding since the other is still in construction. I am not so sure that the yellow scalfolding will be in the final dio, Howevr I do know that the tail rotor scalfolding will be in the final dio. I believe it looks to crowded with both....something is off to me. You be the judge.

Oliver

I agree, we want to see as much of the helicopter as possible! Great job on the steps, by the way.

Been a while since I've been able to check-in on this thread.

Things have certainly moved-on. I'm not going to re-hash what everybody else here has said, I'll simply reiterate what I've said a couple of times before. The quality of work, the presentation of the pics and the narrative all demand to be turned into a mag article... But you probably knew I was going to say that (again) !!

Ian

Thanks Ian.

Hopefully I can find a magazine interested in showing the build.

Oliver

Hi Guys

A lot has changed since the last post. I am no longer going to put the Huey on an aircraft carrier deck..Long story short...it looks silly. I am remaking it into a Tarmac.

Painting continues on the scalfolding.

Oliver

038-1.jpg

040.jpg

043.jpg

045.jpg

048.jpg

050-1.jpg

026-3.jpg

I think that will work much better, the dio won't look overcrowded and you jave more options as to where to put stuff. Its a sort of modelling version of having your cake and eating it!

Martin