Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure they will like it. Who would not?

Well, sent photos and article to the top Modeling magazine in the Uk about a month....Havent heard a peep from them...I guess they are not interested..Moving forward.

Oliver

I used to submit articles regularly to Truck Model World magazine on a regular basis. Generally, the first I knew the article was being published was when a cheque arrived through the door! I find it hard to believe that any Editor would turn down an article on this build - but we'll just have to wait and see...

Yeah i m surprised too.

Already submitted to another magazine last night. Hopefully they are interested in the Huey...if not i wont pursue any further.

I have only just seen this WIP thread as I am still new to the club. That is some of the finest work that I have ever seen - a true model making master class.

I see myself as someone who can build a half decent looking kit (in my eyes anyway!! ) OOB with maybe a couple of little tweaks and improvements but you are in a different league. It looks as though you could fit the engine and fire her up before lifting off the pad.

Outstanding work.

• Like 1

I have only just seen this WIP thread as I am still new to the club. That is some of the finest work that I have ever seen - a true model making master class.

I see myself as someone who can build a half decent looking kit (in my eyes anyway!! ) OOB with maybe a couple of little tweaks and improvements but you are in a different league. It looks as though you could fit the engine and fire her up before lifting off the pad.

Outstanding work.

Thanks so much for the kind words, i really appreciate it

• Like 1

No interest from a publication? I find this hard to believe. I will have to have a word with some of my chums at SAM and Airfix Model World.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi Nigel

I did send to SAM (Jay) but never heard back from anybody....kind of odd.

Just heard from the folks at SAMI and they picked it up for an upcoming issue. Pretty excited about that.

Oliver

• Like 1

I know Chris Fleet who sometimes writes articles for SAM and is a member of our modelling club and Mike the owner of this site is of course one of their authors who I met briefly at Telford last year. I also met some of the guys from Airfix Model World at Telford.

I know Chris Fleet who sometimes writes articles for SAM and is a member of our modelling club and Mike the owner of this site is of course one of their authors who I met briefly at Telford last year. I also met some of the guys from Airfix Model World at Telford.

Nigel.

SAM had the photos for a month and did nothing, I don't know why. It's possible that the article and the photos did not work for the magazine.

My dream is to make it to Telford someday. Keep the good work on your Osprey.

Oliver

• Like 2

Nigel.

SAM had the photos for a month and did nothing, I don't know why. It's possible that the article and the photos did not work for the magazine.

My dream is to make it to Telford someday. Keep the good work on your Osprey.

Oliver

I do hope they (or some other magazine) publishes your work. It would be good for you to make Telford; hopefully with your models as it would be great to see these in the flesh as they are exceptional and very inspiring.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Making no apologies for bringing this back to the top of the pile. I kind of lost track of this when we moved, and only just found it again.

It was a pleasure and a privilege to watch this masterpiece come together over those five years. Belated congratulations, Oliver, a work of art in 1:35, simple as that.

Ian.

• Julien locked this topic