Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

I am redoing the air filter.....Something wasn't right with it.

That says it all really i would have been over the moon with that air filter you did it really is good to see a perfectionist at work

Russ

Looking good - the neatness of the cuts on the plasticard parts of that filter is astonishing

Hi

Thanks. The styrene strips were measured a little longer. Once it was really dry(overnite) It was cut and sanded flush.

Thanks for the kind words. Moving on to the other side of the filter and adding the mesh to the cowlings and interior details.

Oliver

PS : what are you working on right now???

Hi

Thanks. The styrene strips were measured a little longer. Once it was really dry(overnite) It was cut and sanded flush.

Thanks for the kind words. Moving on to the other side of the filter and adding the mesh to the cowlings and interior details.

Oliver

PS : what are you working on right now???

Check out my sig - Just finished a Tu16 and now working on a couple of WW1 planes...

As far as I'm concerned now, it's all done with black magic, lol :D

Awesome work Oliver! :worthy:

Black magic it is.....More like smoke from a Phantom engines....

Thanks so much for the kind words.

OLiver

It would be nice to see this sort of detail applied to RC scale helis. HuH?....waiting for an update? LoL :winkgrin:

Thanks

You post one I post one......LOL

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the latest.

Working on cowlings. Added some mesh work( which was a pain in the A@% to cut to size). If you have to cut mesh use stainless steel blades....much easier than regular # 11 x-acto blades. I practiced on a scrap cowling before working on the real thing.....just to be sure about the frame.

Oliver

medevachuey1970.jpg

medevachuey1971.jpg

medevachuey1973.jpg

medevachuey1974.jpg

medevachuey1982.jpg

medevachuey1985.jpg

medevachuey1986.jpg

medevachuey1988.jpg

...which was a pain in the A@% to cut to size)...

As usual the quality of the work here is stunning. If I try to imagine what that mesh would have looked like if I'd got my hands on it, I shudder with horror...

By the way, you spelled A@% wrong. It's got an "r" in the middle and an "e" on the end :evil_laugh:

looking great still... I am beginning to feel it would be a shame to paint up all that nice brass you have - least you can easily see the ikmmense work you have done......

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Not much of an update....work has been crazy with 75 hour week...so modeling has been replaced with sleep lately.

Worked on the Huey for about an hour Sunday. I Started doing the ribs inside the cowlings.

This is how it looks so far.

Oliver

medevachuey1987.jpg

medevachuey1989.jpg

medevachuey1990.jpg

medevachuey1991.jpg

medevachuey1992.jpg

medevachuey1994.jpg

What I really like about your work is how you can make something so simple look so neat, professional & convincing! My attempt at that would probably result in crooked ribs with gaps & glue all over the place, & a fairly 'blue' atmosphere in the model room!!

Keef

am with Keef & Crooked.... just to put us all to shame, how wide are those ribs - my guess is 1mm (2mm max)..... work that neat cant be done by a human - admit it you are a machine!!!!

stunning as always....

This is a real Huey right?

I've just read your thread from the first to the last page and that main rotor gearbox and shaft assemby was better then lifelike!

I've never seen modelling like this, even from the so-called professionals and 'experts'!

Keep at it Oliver, it makes my pathetic attempts at the Tamiya Phantom over on ARC look like it's being assembled by a 6 year old!

You are indeed better than a master at your art! The finished chopper will be awe-inspiring at the very least and easily exceed museum quality.

It almost looks more like the real thing than a real Huey does, if that's possible.

A really enjoyable thread to follow, keep up the good work.

Gaz

Edited by gaz262

Hi Everyone.

You guys have no idea how much I appreciate the comments. I usually access the site on my phone at work during my lunch break and its always a pleasure to read all the posts and update on everybody's models....Makes the lunch hour go faster.

Working on the brackets for the cowlings today...Will post soon

Thanks again guys....

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

Oh my god ! no, I did not drill the holes ....I would have gone crazy. I got the mesh from K&S Products.

Glad you like it . Thanks

Hopefully I will post some progress photos today.

OLiver