Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

• 2 weeks later...

I think the end of this build is near.

Nooooooooooooo. :weep: Don't get me wrong I can't wait to see the finished article but I will miss this thread and the inspiration it brings..... Truly fantastic work straight from the top draw... :goodjob:

Nooooooooooooo. :weep: Don't get me wrong I can't wait to see the finished article but I will miss this thread and the inspiration it brings..... Truly fantastic work straight from the top draw... :goodjob:

I second that !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on adding Archer rivets to the roof. Seal off rivets with future then one light coat of grey to check for flaws: found two, carrier film lifting a bit.

Oliver

009-35_zps493f49b7.jpg

002-43_zps3dd00378.jpg

005-42_zpsf595f950.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Keep up the great work Oliver, as Tony says time = quality. I particularly like the jack up wheel sets, something rarely seen on chopper models, that along with wheel chocks.

The roof riveting looks very good, it certainly adds tot he realism.

Colin

Can't wait to see it finished! and look forward to your next build. No pressure Oliver!

Martin

Can't wait to see it finished! and look forward to your next build. No pressure Oliver!

Martin

Hi Martin

Finishing the bottom of the Huey, a lot of sanding to do to fix gap then applying lost rivets.once thats done a little more sanding on the tail then will be ready for paint......At last.

I bought the 1/35 Lynx from Revell last week since no date or news on the H34 from Trumpeter in 1/32 scale so I guess my next build will be the Lynx and not the Skyraider as I planned.

Ill post potos soon. Thanks for checking in.

Oliver

Heres how it looks today. I have ordered few more items from Archer to add to the bootom so Im on hold for now, the sad part is this much work wont be seen.

Oliver

014-19_zps610b80a1.jpg

015-22_zps7e37febd.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 1

Utterly superbly fantastic.....I haven't seen litters and gear look like that since I left SEA, right down to the wear and tear and accumulated dirt. Email the next show your address so they'll know where to send the trophy and save you the time of showing up.

Thanks, Glad to hear weathering is close to what u remember.

Going to europe for 3 weeks ....will be back to the Huey with a vengeance after that......lets get this done cause Id like to start my Lynx.

Oliver

....lets get this done cause Id like to start my Lynx.

I'll second that! I'll be drooling at every post mate :thumbsup:

I can't believe youre about to finish this. What I'd like you to do once you think you've finished it is spend a good year or so dismantling it back to kit form. :winkgrin:

Truly remarkable build and an awesome piece of engineering.