Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

I'll agree with the other chaps, great idea with the Tarmac base with all the access towers, it gonna' look seriously awesome dude!!

Si.

I'll agree with the other chaps, great idea with the Tarmac base with all the access towers, it gonna' look seriously awesome dude!!

Si.

Thanks dude.

I sure hope so since I have never painted or made a tarmac that big.

Cross your fingers.

OLiver

I have never painted or made a tarmac that big.

I have never seen anybody detail a helicopter like you can so I don't see an itsty biddy bit of tarmac causing you too many problems! Having see your work so far, I am half expecting to see each piece of stone individually painted and weathered and then fixed into scaled down bitumen...

Brian

I have never seen anybody detail a helicopter like you can so I don't see an itsty biddy bit of tarmac causing you too many problems! Having see your work so far, I am half expecting to see each piece of stone individually painted and weathered and then fixed into scaled down bitumen...

Brian

Hi Brian.

Thats the plan. I am doing a study with paint right now between painting the under tone tarmac with brown or blue. I want to give the tarmac the appearance that the sun has been beating on it for a while.

Since I made a 180 degree turn on my dio, I d like to do a desert (kuwait type) of dio.

Also working on the marker lights today.

Update soon. Thanks again for kind words.

Oliver

Update. This the first few coats of paint on the tarmac base. You can see the process of the painting stages. I sure hope it comes out how I see it in my head..

Concrete has so many variations of color in it.

Oliver

004-34.jpg

005-28.jpg

010-26.jpg

013-12.jpg

001-42.jpg

016-11.jpg

004-35.jpg

010-27.jpg

013-13.jpg

Edited by shark 64

Thanks Gents for the kind comments.

For a change I will post photos of stuff I wont use. The dio base was a trial run for me since I have never built or painted one before. I am sure I can do better than the photos posted below.

So heres what I wont use.

Oliver

006-27.jpg

013-14.jpg

015-17.jpg

016-12.jpg

020-6.jpg

021-9.jpg

023-4.jpg

I like that too, in fact I think I'll borrow your technique for texturing the surface to make a concrete base for my current build!

Always on the rob !!

Si.

I like that too, in fact I think I'll borrow your technique for texturing the surface to make a concrete base for my current build!

Always on the rob !!

Si.

Hi

Please be my guest. Use all u can.

Oliver