Huey Medevac Version/ ITS DONE/FINISHED

Hi Everyone.
It has been a while since I posted on this forum. I have finally finished the cockpit. Now on to the next part.
Here are some photos.
Oliver
medevachuey1248.jpg
medevachuey1250.jpg
medevachuey1263.jpg
medevachuey1257.jpg
medevachuey1242.jpg
medevachuey1234.jpg
medevachuey1246.jpg

Edited by shark 64
  • Like 5

I've been following your build actually and it gets better everytime I see the images.

I would be very interested to know what photography setup you use to get such awesome quality. Any chance of sharing your technique?

Cheers

I've been following your build actually and it gets better everytime I see the images.

I would be very interested to know what photography setup you use to get such awesome quality. Any chance of sharing your technique?

Cheers

Hi Loli.

Thanks, glad you like the Huey.

In terms of photography I am afraid I'm no expert. I used a small digital camera (coolpix nikkon). I take pictures around 4 PM in my model room and leave the front door partly open. In order to get various strenght in the light I play with the opening of the door. I have been also using and overhead spot light in combination with the outside light to get that yellow tint to my photos (that was accomplish totally by accident the first time). Once again I am not an expert photographer....just lucky I guess. I do use a tri pod. I use a blue backdrop that I got from a photo store on sale.

Oliver

Brilliant build Oliver. I've been watching this here and over on Large Scale Planes and what you have produced is exceptional if you ask me. I really dig your painting style too. You have managed to turn what I imagine would be quite a dull, green cockpit into something that is stuffed with different colours, shades, textures and details. I'd love to see some of your other builds if you have any online? Also, what material did you use for the seat cushions (my favourite bit!)?

Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Brilliant build Oliver. I've been watching this here and over on Large Scale Planes and what you have produced is exceptional if you ask me. I really dig your painting style too. You have managed to turn what I imagine would be quite a dull, green cockpit into something that is stuffed with different colours, shades, textures and details. I'd love to see some of your other builds if you have any online? Also, what material did you use for the seat cushions (my favourite bit!)?

Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Hi Thanks so much for the kind words,

Glad you like the Huey. I like using different colors in my cockpit its not always accurare but....

As far as the seats go here what I did. I took several photos of the process so that you can take a look.if that doesnt work for you I will be happy to write down the process. I used car products to simulate the sheepskins, Its carpet stuff for cars.

I also included photos of my latest models. It takes me about a year to finish one model so I dont have that many done so far.

Oliver

00000001.jpg

MI-4build029-1.jpg

medevachuey174.jpg

medevachuey189.jpg

• Like 2

Stunning, simply stunning. Those models have some of the best painting and finishing I have ever seen anywhere. The Huey will no doubt be a work of art as well, amazing work on the interior so far.

Stunning...absolutely stunning. :worthy:

Really inspirational stuff.

I've finally managed to get hold of a Dragon Ah-6 this week, after a long time searching.

Will be referencing your build on that one.

:popcorn:

Hi Smitty

It seems to be hard kit to get lately...Hanging on to mine.

Are you doing a Vietnam version?

Eduard has photoetched for the Vietnam version. Cobras resin has a great resin set if you are doing a little bird version. There is a book called "LOACH" it has some many amazing color photos on the OH6 A and its variants ....A must to get.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck with your build.

Oliver

Edited by shark 64

I was lucky getting this one. I found it in the second hand section on the Hannants site.

Gonna do mine as a little bird.

Funnily enough, I was just looking at the Cobra site earlier on. Haven't decided if I'm going to go down that route yet.

Thanks for the "LOACH" tip, I'll have a little search and see if I can pick that book up (seen it mentioned somewhere else, too ;) ) and I may take you up on that help offer. :D

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this little stunner.

I was lucky getting this one. I found it in the second hand section on the Hannants site.

Gonna do mine as a little bird.

Funnily enough, I was just looking at the Cobra site earlier on. Haven't decided if I'm going to go down that route yet.

Thanks for the "LOACH" tip, I'll have a little search and see if I can pick that book up (seen it mentioned somewhere else, too ;) ) and I may take you up on that help offer. :D

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this little stunner.

Hi Smitty.

You cant go wrong with any versions of the OH6A. I have the Cobra resin, It has a lot of good stuff...your call anyway.

I assume that you are going to paint it all black ....remember is black is not black.....what! what's he talking about??? If you interested I can share some tips on black and its various tones.... Good luck on your build.

I have two favorite helos and the Loach is one of them.

Oliver