1:350 Prinz Eugen (Trumpeter)

Paul Brickles

Having (in some 30 years of modelling) never built a ship/boat/floaty thing, I approached this build with some trepidation to say the least :undecided: but having cracked the sequence of build (and adopting some of the build skills I learnt when building architectural models through the 80/90's) I cleared the desk (this ship is big compared to what I am used to and resembles a plank of wood when you are moving it around- opps there goes the plastic weld again!!).

First let me say I do not know how accurate this model is or for that matter the scheme I have applied, but the build is pretty straight forward once you have worked out how you are going to finish it - I found a series of sub builds from the deck up being finished then attached to the deck seemed to work for me.

I am currently upto here on the build (there is still plenty to do) but I can honestly say i am starting to enjoy it :analintruder: and who knows might even have a crack at another one...

ship1.jpg

Hi Paul,

Repulse would be a good subject to tackle next,however,if you want to protray her in her "as sunk"guise,you will need to correct some inaccuracies with the Trumpy kit.The kit is nearer to her pre-war config,which I did when I built it.The easiest way of correcting it would be to get a set from Admiralty Model Works ,this is the link:

http://www.admiraltymodelworks.com/index.p...l-products.html

Also you may find this useful:

http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewt...=47&t=33118

Cheers Phil

Yes Paul,a novel idea.She only sank after withstanding two Atomic Bombs,one air-burst ,which just burnt the paint off one side,and an underwater blast,which opened up her Hull,allowing her to sink very slowly.The Germans built some tough ships!!

Cheers Phil