My Armour GB builds.

Diesel Gypsy

I've got some 1:72nd scale resin Italian armour in the stash which I'd like to have a crack at but I need something relatively straightforward to start with, so I'm going to kick off with these two & see how I get on.

My time will be split between this GB & the Vacform GB so this may not be the speediest build until the Vacform GB finishes.

2010_0112Armour-GB0001.jpg

2010_0112Armour-GB0002.jpg

Off I jolly well go

Dazie.

Edited by Diesel Gypsy

Hello everyone.

A little progress on the builds today.

Size comparison; L6 foreground, P40 behind.

2010_0115Armour-GB0006.jpg

Firstly the L6;

I’ve built up the hull which was a little tricky because Italeri have moulded it in 5 flat facets, the hull floor, the 2 sides, glacis plate & rear plate. The fit is perfect but care is needed to get everything square.

The transmission & prop shaft were next and look very good when assembled. As indeed do the drivers seat & his steering controls.

I haven’t fixed the Trans & gubbins in the hull yet for the ease of painting, which will be the next process in this build.

2010_0115Armour-GB0003.jpg

The P40;

The hull is moulded the same way as on the L6 & built up with care the same way.

The mouldings on both kits are quite impressive, but, the engine compartments on both models are huge empty voids. This is very noticeable as the vast emptiness can be seen through the engine deck grills.

2010_0115Armour-GB0004.jpg

I’m used to building cars & trucks which in most cases have engines for the modeller to build & include in the model, no empty void.

If it’s common for Armour models not to have engines how do you Guys overcome the problem of concealing the abyss that is the engine compartment?

2010_0115Armour-GB0005.jpg

Advice would be most helpful.

Dazie.

Hi Dave, they look very nice you've got off to a good start, as for those engine grills simplest way is to spray the engine compartment black (hides alot)

or if you've got a steady hand try cutting the grills almost through with a new blade & gently repossession them, third way & last (honest) stowage... crew gear, jerrycans & creates/buckets tied down & a tarp can cover a multitude of sins or put an air recognition flag from Archer decals draped across the deck.

HTH Andy. :cheers:

Guest snipersmudge

nice detail on those kits, as Andy said painting the void black is the best bet, if you are going to leave any hatches open as well the black is handy

:speak_cool:

• 2 months later...