RN Phantom launching from Ark Royal

cdplayer

Hi Guys

Ive been wanting to do this painting for a long time, and after watching some clips of "sailor" on the Youtube I just couldnt resist. So I cranked up a bit of "shine on you crazy diamond" did a quick google search for RN phantoms and here is the result. It started off as a quick sketch but I was loving it so much that it turned into something a little more complete. It is basically a watercolour base with gouache to bring out the detail and give it some umph. Its 35cm x 27.5cm on watercolour board.

4270441478_43cc5b2002_o.jpg

of course many of you will recognize the painting I drew inspiration from by the great Robert Taylor. If not and you are going to Yeovilton in a couple of weeks time you will see it in the competition room in all its glory. This is a photo I took of it last year

4270478210_d64ff4dd93_o.jpg

thanks for looking

chris

Edited by cdplayer

Thanks for the comments.

I do comissions, but only for architectural stuff. These are really only to hang on my study wall. Although I did a bit of nose art for a friend in the Navy. A decal sheet may be on your shelves soon !!!!

chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

How awesome! Love the style and the mixed media, the subject matter is something that you can never go wrong with with me!

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent Chris...atmospheric.

• 3 months later...

Crikey 'CDPlayer'! Seeing your Phantom begs the question are you a member of the Guild of Aviation Artists, see that you are local to me, and as we have a dedicated 'West Region' think that it's high time you came along to one of our meets! I started out religiously copying Michael Turner's stuff from his great History of the RAF book, so finally getting to meet him on joining the Guild was fantastic! We have just held our annual show at the Mall Galleries in London so have a look at their website www.gava.org.uk or give our local organiser a note, [email protected]

No pressure there then!.....

Rob

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys

Ive been wanting to do this painting for a long time, and after watching some clips of "sailor" on the Youtube I just couldnt resist. So I cranked up a bit of "shine on you crazy diamond" did a quick google search for RN phantoms and here is the result. It started off as a quick sketch but I was loving it so much that it turned into something a little more complete. It is basically a watercolour base with gouache to bring out the detail and give it some umph. Its 35cm x 27.5cm on watercolour board.

4270441478_43cc5b2002_o.jpg

of course many of you will recognize the painting I drew inspiration from by the great Robert Taylor. If not and you are going to Yeovilton in a couple of weeks time you will see it in the competition room in all its glory. This is a photo I took of it last year

4270478210_d64ff4dd93_o.jpg

thanks for looking

chris

Chris this painting is amazing in that the Phantom literally " jumps out" of the image. Thank you for sharing. :worthy:

Ps if you get it to print, I wouldn't mind buying one.

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire