Rebel Alliance Snowspeeder

A rare foray into Sci-Fi for me :whistle:

Finemolds 1/48 Rebel Alliance Snowspeeder, Incom modified T-47 Airspeeder. Weekend build, was an absolute breeze, almost snap-tite fit all round. The details are superb and a weathering dream.

Overall paint Gunze H338 FS36495 Light Grey over a pre-shading of Tamiya XF-63

Weathering was...

Panel wash using Paynes Grey oil paint with Humbrol thinners.

Tamiya XF-25 Light Sea Grey

Gunze H77 Tire Black

Photos taken in the back garden as the diorama potential was too good to miss!

snowspeeder027.jpg

snowspeeder025.jpg

snowspeeder024.jpg

Who sells the kit in these shores?

Not sure, although I have occasionally seen Fine Molds Star Wars kits at Hannants Colindale, and not in the second hand section either. They had the X-Wing and Jedi Starfighter for £20-£25 a year or so ago.

Obi-Jiff :fish:

• 2 months later...
I'm sorry Mike, but that snow is WAY overscale! :lol:

Then again, maybe that's what the snow really looks like on Hoth and they just got it wrong in the movie!!! :P

But if you REALLY want to nit-pick...! Should it really be called a Snowspeeder in the first place? After all, when Han goes out looking for Luke, he asks if the speeders are ready and he's told that they're having trouble adapting them to the cold! Not terrbly handy if you're a SNOWspeeder, really. Unless they have hot snow in that far, far away galaxy!

Niiiice model btw. I think I might have to try one of these Fine Moulds kits. I made one of the AMC(?) X-Wings a long time ago (No pun intended) and it was great fun.