Vampire FB.5 on a stand

Hiya Folks,

This is my first completed model since coming home from Telford, due to illness, my old Army injuries getting worse and a family crisis over Christmas!

Its the very old Novo 1/72nd Vampire kit and has been built as a surprise for an ex Vampire pilot who has helped me out recently, wearing the markings of his old aircraft from 26 Sqn in West Germany during the early 1950`s.

Since it was to be a display model I thought it would look more effective on a stand rather than on a base, so the stand from the Tamiya Spitfire kit was used and a few miniaturised photos of the real aircraft were added to the base plus the phrase `B-Biggs' all of which came from the ex pilots period photo album! An Airfix pilot was also sat in the cockpit.

Hope you like it as something a bit different!

maurice1.jpg

maurice2.jpg

maurice3.jpg

maurice4.jpg

All the best

Tony O

I like it, is this the same kit as the heller boxing???

Hiya Folks,

Glad you like the Vampire and thanks for your nice comments..in answer to your question no its not the same as the Heller/Airfix boxing..its a much older kit from Frog which was re released in the early 70`s by Novo..its a much cruder kit with raised panel lines which could do with sanding and re scribing where needed. The Heller kit (which was re boxed a few years ago by Airfix...why don`t they keep this and the Gladiator..Hellers best two kits in their range??) is much better and the best you will get in plastic...although the CMR reson kits are supposed to be outstanding!!

All the best

Tony O