GB entries

smuts

Hi guys, post your proposed entries here..

I'm in with these four... then there were three

Dragon Panther Ausf G with zimmerit..... cancelled due to technical difficulties ( can't be arsed with it )

Tristar Panzer I AusF A.

Dragon SdkFz 234/3.

Trumpeter Kv 1 Mod 1942

Andy

Edited by smuts

Can i join in with a 15mm Sherman ARV and destroyed sherman

Edited by ferny

Here are my two entries (so far) for this GB.

Two different Sherman variants.

Picture010-4.jpg

Picture011-4.jpg

The Firefly will be in Canadian markings, from decals left over from the other Firefly I built last year.

And the M4 with Wading stacks, but using Resin stacks, instead of the PE ones supplied in the kit.

I won't be starting them yet, as I'm waiting for my sprained wrist to stop throbbing.

So it looks like maybe tomorrow I'll start.

But for now lots and lots of lovely research :)

Edited by daz greenwood

Can I play too chaps?

I haven’t built Armour in years but I feel the Armour urge (its Mike’s fault) returning.

How about if I build some Italian Armour in 1:35th & maybe daz scale (sorry mate)……..1:72nd would that be ok?.

I’m not a very competent or confident Armour builder but if its ok with the mod’s I’d like a bash.

Guest snipersmudge
Can I play too chaps?

I haven't built Armour in years but I feel the Armour urge (its Mike's fault) returning.

How about if I build some Italian Armour in 1:35th & maybe daz scale (sorry mate)……..1:72nd would that be ok?.

I'm not a very competent or confident Armour builder but if its ok with the mod's I'd like a bash.

The more the merrier old chap welcome on board. I am sure we can all help you along.

Pete

Edited by snipersmudge

Trying to clear the decks a bit so I can have something to contribute, not going to start a thread until I can properly start though.

A problem so far is thinning the shortlist, so many interesting possibilities...

Current shortlist to try to narrow down is:

'quick and simple if time is short'

Sd.Kfz 232 (6 wheeler arm car)

Autoblinda AB 40 Ferroviaria (arm car on rails)

JSU 152 (the new Tamiya one)

'tricky paint jobs or lots to do'

Carro Armato P40 (very colourful Italian tank)

Matilda (the new Tamiya one)

Morser Karl-Gerat on rails (started, but not far in. Nothing hugely complex but so much of it it's a long build)

:hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

I might be in on this one if the little summit I'm expecting comes in time. It'll be a balls out aftermarket festival and an unusual and so far unkitted vehicle too... fingers crossed it lands on my desk soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'd like to enter with my first armour build since I was about eleven, when I built 1/72 Airfix's Matilda tank. This build, 33 years later, will be Emhar Mk.IV Female tank which was kindly donated as a prize by Sgt. Squarehead after last year's Spanish Civil War build.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bit of a production line going.. Fiat 3000, WZ34, and a Dragon Leopard 2A4 and some Pnzr Jgr thingy, sadly lost the pics of the last two being mostly built last week in Luton, can I still add them to the GB mods?

I'll have a go with this...

Objective

My plan is to have a machine that fought in the fall of 1944 (late October) This will entail trying to sort out the differences between a late and mid production Ausf J because the kit I’ll use for the base will be the old Dragon 1/35 #6022, released in 1994. This was the original release of the Dragon Ausf J, which was for the late production variant.

Untitled-1-2.jpg

I know the newest releases are works of art, they are better detailed, have all kinds of PE, dimensionally more accurate… but they also cost a lot more than I can afford for a model kit at the moment. This is what I have so this is what I shall try to build.

I didn’t realize that this GB was going on so I started the thread over on the WIP board, from here out, I’ll post progress here. Sorry if you already suffered through my opening statements over there.

Dave Shaw

Hi guys. I'm currently working on an AFV club Churchill MkIII (see my sig block for the link to the WIP). I didn't feel confident enough to enter it into the GB when I started it last month (my first armour build in a loong time) but I'm feeling a lot happier now. Can I come and play please?

IMG_0002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snipersmudge

Next on the smudgeworks bench will be this little gem

S8002692.jpg

It;s the re-issue and is now cast in a grey plastic. Nice detail for a kit as old as the hills. This is actually part of a commission so I expect the progress will be rapid

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Scratch the old 234 entry, after some very good advice from above, im switching to the 251/10 from zvedza instead!

I have already drummed up some assistance on the work in progress forum, so is a wise choice.

My thanks to Smuts, for keeping me from being overwhelmed by ambition :D

The Kit: 3588bt.jpg

The Work In Progress

Thanks

Edited by NinjabreadMan

Hi All,

I'd like to enter my Tamiya 1:35 Morris C8 FAT Quad. I've posted a couple of images on the "in progress page". Right time to clutter up the dinning room table.

Edited by benskipper