Mike does C-3PO (ooer)

Mike

Hi Anthony... stalled, I'm afraid :blush:

I think I've over-committed to builds at the moment, so old Threepio has gone on the back burner. I think I'd have a problem conveying "commission" to a non-native English speaking Far Eastern-person ;)

Hi Anthony... stalled, I'm afraid :blush:

I think I've over-committed to builds at the moment, so old Threepio has gone on the back burner. I think I'd have a problem conveying "commission" to a non-native English speaking Far Eastern-person ;)

No problem - I have a few other kits on the go myself.

I have also not tried a vinyl kit before, it is going to be interesting trimming the parts

anthony

• 1 month later...

Saw the real one a few weeks back at Star Wars In Concert. At least the bloke inside him, anyway. I think the chances of me successfully making a good job of a kit like this is approximately 3720 - 1!

• 8 months later...

LOL, yeah, he does look nice and shiney don't he?

I was like Mike at first, and tried loads of different Gold paints with no success before I found this stuff.

I think the only finish that would be closer to the real thing would be to have the model electro-plated in a "Gold Chrome" finish (as manufacturers have done with some models and toys), but the cost to have that done would be way over my budget :(

R2D2 is a pain in the backside to photograph, believe it or not, to the naked eye the blue on R2 is spot on accurate, but everytime I try to take a decent photo of him the blue comes out really vivid in the photo???!!! I don't know what's going on but it's hacking me off :shrug:

Tony

Edited by Tony Westwood

• 1 month later...
Anyone tried Alclad on a threepio? Prime it with the gloss black primer to get a real smooth glos base and you should get a decent result.

It's what I'll try when I do mine.

i was gonna suggest the same thing. Chrome with a clear yellow or yellow and orange?

i was gonna suggest the same thing. Chrome with a clear yellow or yellow and orange?

That might do it. I've heard of dissolving RubnBuff in thinners and spraying it as well...must try it one day.