Grumman E-2C Hawkeye

Just about wrapped this one up, the NEW Kinetic kit of the ubiquitous Hawkeye in 1:48 scale. Built straight-from-the-box

Its a really nice kit, full review build will be in the March 2010 Scale Aircraft Modelling

MW_E2C_F001.jpg

MW_E2C_F006.jpg

Mike :bye:

Edited by mikeew

Mike,

Gorgeous model, waiting with baited breath for the magazine article and Phil's video build on Promodeller. Can't wait to build mine but want to hang on for some slightly more colourful AM decals. Do you know if any are in the pipeline? Anyone heard any rumours?

Well done again, superb.

Ian S

Mike,

Gorgeous model, waiting with baited breath for the magazine article and Phil's video build on Promodeller. Can't wait to build mine but want to hang on for some slightly more colourful AM decals. Do you know if any are in the pipeline? Anyone heard any rumours?

Well done again, superb.

Ian S

Ian

Isradecal has a sheet out now with Foreign Haywkeyes for the Kinetic kit. Very coulourful subjects including a JASDF anniversary scheme.

Cheers

Chris

Just about wrapped this one up, the NEW Kinetic kit of the ubiquitous Hawkeye in 1:48 scale. Built straight-from-the-box

Its a really nice kit, full review build will be in the March 2010 Scale Aircraft Modelling

Mike :bye:

Mike

That is wonderful. Great job and very nice weathering. Looking forward to seeing the March SAM but I probably won't get to see it until April here is Canada since we get it about a month after its release.

Cheers

Chris

Many thanks guys, glad you all like it

@Joachim - the trailing edge dissipators are moulded in on the kit, but rather thick, so i did replace them with fine wire this also enabled me to add the drooped shape to them