" Blitzkrieg 1939-1940 " groupbuild

Erwin

Contest gallery  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

It was more the scheme I was concerned about as these are coming out quite cheap. Although not my normal scale its cheaper than a Tamiya 1/48 and AM cockpit

It's not my normal scale either, but I'm happy to step out of my comfort zone for a while. In fact, I think it will do me some good. I'm looking forward to this.

That's the kit I will be using, but I'll be adding an Alley Cat conversion kit to build a Bf-109D.

Looks like a great kit. Please join in.

I would be up for this......if im allowed pretty please :-)

You are more than welcome.

Any idea yet on what you will build ?

I think I would like to take the plunge and join in for my first ever group build if I may. I have an unbuilt Academy 1/48 BF109D-3. Would that be suitable for this GB? I may need to make use of the Decal Bank though.

Wayne

I think I would like to take the plunge and join in for my first ever group build if I may. I have an unbuilt Academy 1/48 BF109D-3. Would that be suitable for this GB? I may need to make use of the Decal Bank though.

Wayne

Hi,

It fits the set rules . Nice to have you in.

Wayne, check back in this thread and look at the picture I posted.

You are more than welcome.

Any idea yet on what you will build ?

nooooooooooo ideal :-)

i have some books on this subject so over the weekend see what i have in the stash that fits.

Mish: if I understand the question...Erwin is proposing another Gallery in addition to the standard completed builds Gallery. This second gallery, called the Contest Gallery would be for those who wanted to compete for prizes with their entry(s)...

I believe that is what the poll is for....

HTH

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

I had decided on a Bf-109D for this build. I originally wanted to do it in 1/48 but for various reason I have changed to 1/32, using the Alley Cat conversion kit.

I ordered one from Ali at the weekend and it has just arrived. It's superb! I propose using the conversion kit decals to build an aircraft of 1/JG137 (ZG2). I just have to get an Eduard kit now. I might even bung in an Aires cockpit.

This is gonna be fun!

Mish: if I understand the question...Erwin is proposing another Gallery in addition to the standard completed builds Gallery. This second gallery, called the Contest Gallery would be for those who wanted to compete for prizes with their entry(s)...

I believe that is what the poll is for....

HTH

Cheers,

ggc

Totally correct.

Is this one suitable

edu03401.jpg

I've just downloaded the instruction booklet from the Eduard website. It specifically states that the markings are for the aircraft flown by Johannes Trautloft during the Polish campaign.

Edit: Go to the Eduard website and download the Newsletter for August. There is an article in it detailing Trautloft's exploits in this aircraft during the Polish campaign.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Would I be able to in with this?

img0108ji6.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Link to some kit sprue pictures. http://www.mikromodele.fora.pl/modele-in-b...astyk,1006.html (I've yet to receive mine in the post yet)

It will be my first groupbuild since joining the forum, so not sure of the etiquette!

Cheers,

Will

Edited by Killingholme

Question asked on 'Blitzkreig Group build confirmed entries', but I think it might be more appropriate here in the discussion thread:

Erwin. What options are there for a Denmark defender(s)..what type of a/c did they fly and what is available in kit form...I guess i have the same question concerning Norway...

Please to advise...

tks,

ggc

Here's a list I believe to be complete for 1940, plus a few kit suggestions for the less obvious types! I hav only included notes where there are Danish-specific aircraft, including specific kits or decal options. There are of course several plastic/resin options out there for most of these aircraft.

Marine Airforce (Marinens Flyvevæsen):

13 Heinkel H.E.8 (Danish H.M. II) Broplan 1/72 vaform? Stoppel Hobby decals

2 Hawker Dantorp (Danish H.B. III) 1/72 resin coming s oon from Kombe Models. how soon I wonder?

8 Hawker Nimrod (Danish L.B. V) Czechmaster Resin 1/72. Includes Danish decals: other decals Stoppel Hobby

2 De Havilland Moth DH60G/M Stoppel Hobby decals

2 Avro Tutors (L.B. IV)

1 Dornier DO J/III Wal (F.M. I)

Army Airforce (Hærens Flyvertropper):

1st squadron 13 Gloster Gauntlet: AZ models 1/72 with Danish markings. Also Stoppel Hobby decals

2nd squadron:

7 Fokker D XXI MPM Fokker DXXI available in 1/72 with Danish markings. Ditto, CMR 1/72, Intech 1/72, ditto Classic Airframes 1/48. Additional decals (alternative serials available from Stoppel Decals

3 Fokker D V M/26

3rd Squadron 9 Fokker C V M/33 (Broplan vacform 1:72) Stoppel Hobby decals

2 I R recon

5th Squadron

12 III R

2 I R

Air trainingschool:

12 Tiger Moth, 5 Fokker C I, 1 III S

I guess i have the same question concerning Norway...

ggc

Norwegian aircraft in 1940; http://www.nuav.net/norwair1940.html I think most are available as kits, even the MF.11 (and you even have a choice between Broplan vacform and Choroszy Modelbud resin.. assuming you can find either?)

cheers.

Will

Edited by Killingholme

Got the kit and the conversion set.

That looks like a nice set.Looking forward to your build.

I have the same kit planned.But I will build it straight from the box.

Haven't decided yet to show the full engine or go for the closed option.

That looks like a nice set.Looking forward to your build.

So am I. This build will take me well out of my comfort zone. 1/32 is not my scale. I can get away with things in smaller scales that I doubt I can get away with in 1/32. One thing that is scaring me is the seatbelts.

I'm in with an AZ Models 1/72 Hurricane Mk. I, France, May 1940. Thanks Erwin for the referral.

Here's the box and markings. Sorry, it's from Hannants web site but I bought it from them. AZ kits are not easy to find here in the new world.

Clicky