" Blitzkrieg 1939-1940 " groupbuild

Erwin

Contest gallery  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Hi all,

With great pleasure I can say that this GB has been approved with 32SIG (Ian) and myself as your hosts.

Without going into much detail at this early date,I post some GB guidelines which can be handy to pick a possible build.

The focus lies on the period 1939-1940 with the German invasion of Poland,Belgium,Holland,France,Denmark and Norway untill the BoB ( BoB not incluided)

Anything from this time-frame can be build (planes,ships,tanks,figurines,etc ) in the markings of the above mentioned countries.

That's about it at this moment.

Feel free to use this topic to let us know what you intend to build.

And remember.The aim of a GB is to have fun !

Edited by Erwin

I will probably have a go at one of the following - still indecisive...

1:32 Stuka (21st Century Toys)

1:32 Morane MS 406 (Azur)

1:32 Bloch MB 152 (Azur)

1:32 Hurricane Mk 1 (PCM)

1:32 Ju-88A-1 Norway (Revell)

Of course I'll prolly choose something completely different when time comes...

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah baby! love Luftwaffe aircraft of this period ( with the 109 being my fave of all time! )

I've got a 1/32 Revell JU87 that has been part built and has been sat in the cupboard stalled ( interior assembled and painted, fueselage halves glued together. thats it ) for about 6 months - is that at an early enough stage to join with?

I'll probably save the 1/32 Hasegawa bf109E for this one as well :)

I've got a 1/32 Revell JU87 that has been part built and has been sat in the cupboard stalled ( interior assembled and painted, fueselage halves glued together. thats it ) for about 6 months - is that at an early enough stage to join with?

It seems there's still plenty to do. So please join the GB with the Ju 87.

GB time-frame : 1 st November 2010 - 28 th February 2011

Anything from this time-frame can be build (planes,ships,tanks,figurines,etc ) in the markings of the above mentioned countries.British subject from the Phoney War are also allowed.

Hi all,

As there is the BoB GB just prior to the Blitzkrieg GB , I am excluiding Phoney War British subjects.

The focus of the Blitzkrieg GB now lays on subjects (planes,tanks,ships,figurines,dioramas,etc ) from the invaded countries and ofcourse the "bad guys" . :fuhrer:

Edited by Erwin

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT !!

Hi all,

It's stange that only five members (me incluided) have responded to let us know their intended builds.

This GB has been approved by Mish because I had enough responce in a previous topic to get this GB going.

However,if this GB doesn't get the minimum of 15 members that will commit to build someting, this Blitzkrieg GB will be cancelled and the time-frame can be given to the "Battle of the Atlantic" GB.

It's up to you members to let this GB run or be cancelled.

I close the participants list on 31 st March.

Edited by Erwin

Hi Erwin, I think the problem is that the aprroval of the BOB GB has diluted this one as there is an element of crossover between the subject matter. To all intents and purposes they are very similar GB's, also with the timeframe being put back to November this is still some way off.

I've previously committed to this GB and if it goes ahead i'll be doing a 109E-1 as i've already purchased the decals.

Hi Erwin, I think the problem is that the aprroval of the BOB GB has diluted this one as there is an element of crossover between the subject matter. To all intents and purposes they are very similar GB's, also with the timeframe being put back to November this is still some way off.

This GB should attract models from the lesser build nations.We don't often see Polish,Dutch,Belgian,etc... models.

I've previously committed to this GB and if it goes ahead i'll be doing a 109E-1 as i've already purchased the decals.

Thanks. Added to the list

Edited by Erwin

Hold on a sec folks...

I wouldn't close the GB just yet because of lack of interest...

I think expecting everyone that's going to take part to list their builds now - a full 8.5 months before the GB - is a bit optimistic.

Personally I think it should be kept as is - and see how many we can get during Sept/Oct.

I think it's very worthwhile as a separate and distinct GB from the B of B one - and *will* get support!

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

My main concern is that GB's time- frames are precious.

The calendar for 2010 is already full with no more room for extra GB's.

I would rather give away a approved time-frame to a more appealing theme than a GB were we can only expect about ten participants.

Having said that.It might have been me that was a bit to impatient because I didn't see many replies yet.

My appologies for that.

We will see where it goes the next months and decide then.

Edited by Erwin

Hi Erwin - I recon there will be enough interest - you worry too much! ;)

Even if I have to book some time off work and list myself under 5 psuedonyms...

Of course - feel free to shout 'I told you so' when the tumbleweed floats past! :P

Iain

I'm interested as well. participating with a vintage Bandai early Mk-IV panzer and a twin engined Polish attack a/c...

Cheers,

ggc

I'm interested as well. participating with a vintage Bandai early Mk-IV panzer and a twin engined Polish attack a/c...

Cheers,

ggc

• 2 weeks later...
There must be others interested in a Blitzkrieg GB?

I would be interested in doing a very unoriginal model. :analintruder: I would build a Bf-109E is the two-tone green camouflage. If I can find the markings, it would be one used in Poland.

I would be interested in doing a very unoriginal model. :analintruder: I would build a Bf-109E is the two-tone green camouflage. If I can find the markings, it would be one used in Poland.

You should be able to find aftermarket decals.

Which kit do you intend to use ?

You should be able to find aftermarket decals.

Which kit do you intend to use ?

The Tamiya 1/48 Bf 109E-3, backdated to an E-1.

Unless there were any 109Ds used on the Polish campaign. Now that would be interesting.

I've very interested in the 70/71 scheme. The two greens were very close in colour and the contrast between them is almost negligible. I have tried various combinations of 70 and 71 and I've found that after a couple of coats of Kleer and a final coat of matt varnish, the contrast just disappears leaving the uppersurafces almost monotone. It will be interesting to find out what slightly lighter green I can use as a substitute for the RLM71.

Unless there were any 109Ds used on the Polish campaign. Now that would be interesting.

I found several Doras profiles that date from September 1939 in this link.

So you can do a Dora in this GB. The GB is about the time-frame Sept 1939 untill the BoB.

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/139/2/1

Edited by Erwin