1:32 Hunters

Iain Ogilvie

Thanks for all the kind words guys - these really are excellent kits - I think they capture the Hunters elegant lines beautifully.

If you haven't had a go already I can highly recommend. :)

Need to get the rest of the tanks on, vents, pipes, aerials, undercarriage details and bang seat details done.

Just need Revell to re-release at some point.

At some point I feel an early mark coming on - and a two-seater. And maybe an FR 10 conversion as I seem to be making reasonable progress on the Lightning parts.

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Hi Adrian,

I come from the messy school of oil painting :)

I use acrylics - a coat of gloss Xtracrylix/Future over the decals - followed by a couple of days to harden nicely. Then it's out with a tube of Windsor and Newton black (or other shade depending upon what I'm trying to do) and a stiff oil painting brush.

Oil paint is applied neat to all nooks and crannies and all panel lines - literally just plastered on. Looks 'orrible!

Then everything is slowly polished off using *lots* of kitchen paper - until there's barely a trace left - just enough to highlight a panel/hinge or other detail. Less is definately more!

Being oil paint it blends beautifully - but should be left a few days before varnishing over.

Does that help?

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)