308 GTB Group B Rally Ferrari

Rallychef

I will throw my hat in the ring, with the Revell 1/24 GTO. It will be built up as a Group B rally car, however I will not be able to start untill the end of the month, as I am determined to clear the bench of some unfinished projects first.

IMG_0192.jpg

off now to do a bit of research

Regards Ian D

Edited by Rallychef

OK first mistake before I even get started, the kit in my stash is a 308 GTO, the group B rally cars are the GTB's, very little difference, but enough to annoy me. As i am not starting the GB untill the end of the month, I will try and source another kit before then

Regards Ian D

Edited by Rallychef

OK first mistake before I even get started, the kit in my stash is a 308 GTO, the group B rally cars are the GTB's, very little difference, but enough to annoy me. As i am not starting the GB untill the end of the month, I will try and source another kit before then

Regards Ian D

Don't worry Ian, I think you've got a 288GTO there. Think of a 308GTB on serious steroids.

If that isn't one of the best looking mid-engined Ferraris ever, my name isn't Enzo. OK, my name isn't Enzo but its still a fabulous car. It only took a few bits of carbon fibre and a screwdriver to turn up the turbo boost and hey presto! the F40 was born.

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, postie arrived this morning, Stevie (SnC) has come up with the goods, and this arrived - the 308 GTB kit by Gunze Sangyo, closer to what I require and has engine detailing etc

CopyofIMG_0206.jpg

I hope to make a start after the weekend, after I get my Krtek Rally team Trabbie finished

I will be using THIS site for reference and scratch building some of the 'rally bits' Final colour scheme has not yet been decided.

More after the weekend

regards Ian D

Edited by Rallychef

• 2 months later...

Sorry guy's I'm going to have to bow out of this one. My wife has been extreamly ill again and it's not leaving me much spare time, I also need to get caught up with my open university course as I have some assignments due soon.

I also have a bedford truck build (dray wagon) on the go which has a deadline, as it's going to be displayed in my friends micro- brewery.

The Ferrari is however still a planned project, so when I get round to it, I will post the final results.............eventually.