Academy 1/72 BF-109E3

Osher

OK chaps, I say, this KUTA lark has been most awfully spiffing! Problem though, I've managed to crash and burn twice, with 5 year old models. This time, a more recent attempt, an Academy BF-109E3 in 1/72. Interior was, if I say so myself, rather good, with all the buttons individually painted using sharpened cocktail sticks, and even researched to get the button colours right! The middle section of canopy was a mess, and I used micromask for masking, which, hasn't always been the best for me (still learning). Undersides painted Humbrol enamel 65.

Here it is partially masked, but with a broken tailplane and strut (since fixed), and partially masked, waiting for Maskol to finish the job

DSC00004-1.jpg

Edited by Osher

Well, it all ended in tears. The masking of the canopy was, hmmm, not as good as could be. The masking of the body was reasonable, but needs so tidying up (seep-through, etc), plus a ridge on one line (not sure why just there). Some glue marks on the canopy (surprising, as I used Kristal Klear I thought). However, worst of all - I lost the ring between the propeller and the fuselage. Still, learnt some good lessons, and, it could have been saved, if I had the inclination and the missing part!

Here's the finished item (with the new Airfix job in the foreground of Picture 3)

DSC_1679.jpg

DSC_1680.jpg

DSC_1683.jpg

Edited by Osher

Oh well, good try Osher
Well, it was good in places, and I could have made into something decent, but, gave up as it wasn't worth the extra effort. At least I know I can paint decently, and, whilst I need to mask better, it could have been easily touched up